Trouble Pairing remote 32 with Hopper with Sling (or Super Joey)

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Just upgraded from Hopper to Hopper with Sling and Super Joey. I have several Remote 32's that I used with the Hopper and old joey. I press menu twice on the 40 remote and get to the remote linking screen. i then hold the sat button on the remote 32 until top buttons light and release. The Sat button is now blinking. I hold the remote inches from the Hopper. It will not pair. On One of the Remote 32's I did the deprogramming process. The Remote 32 deprogrammed. NOW when I hold the Sat button the top lights never light up. I pray to the Forum Lords to please help, What am I doing wrong?

Press and hold the SAT mode button

The SAT mode button will begin blinking

2.Press and hold the RECALL and 0 (System Wizard) buttons at the same time for 3 seconds

3.Press the SEARCH button

4.Press the VOL + button

5.Press the STOP button, then wait 5 seconds

If deprogramming is successful, 3 decreasing tones should be heard from the remote

I used the instructions below and I was able to deprogram a 32.0 remote. I was able to pair that same 32.0 remote to a Hoppe w/Sling. Thanks.

Just upgraded from Hopper to Hopper with Sling and Super Joey. I have several Remote 32's that I used with the Hopper and old joey. I press menu twice on the 40 remote and get to the remote linking screen. i then hold the sat button on the remote 32 until top buttons light and release. The Sat button is now blinking. I hold the remote inches from the Hopper. It will not pair. On One of the Remote 32's I did the deprogramming process. The Remote 32 deprogrammed. NOW when I hold the Sat button the top lights never light up. I pray to the Forum Lords to please help, What am I doing wrong?

Press and hold the SAT mode button

The SAT mode button will begin blinking

2.Press and hold the RECALL and 0 (System Wizard) buttons at the same time for 3 seconds

3.Press the SEARCH button

4.Press the VOL + button

5.Press the STOP button, then wait 5 seconds

If deprogramming is successful, 3 decreasing tones should be heard from the remote

Ray, By stating "instructions below" are you referring to the instructions I posted that are not working for me?

Assuming the info that newer HWS do not work with the 32 and hoping it is not true. How about the Super Joey? I can not get that to pair either.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/32-0-uhf-2g-remote.339204/ here is the thread.

"I just got this from DISH and was asked to pass it along. So that's what I am doing!

The 32.0 remote is not guaranteed to work with Hoppers, Joeys, and our future XiP/ZiP products. Only the original Hopper/Joey designs that used a Freescale RF4CE radio will work with the 32.0 remotes. We are now using ST and, very shortly, TI RF4CE radios. The 32.0 remote will not work with the new generation of Hopper/Hopper with Sling."

That's what was sent.