trouble picking up 119 with Dish 500 dual lnb

toolz

Original poster
Aug 12, 2009
SWVA
Just moved back to my old place where I had Dish installed with a SuperDish dp34 switch and dual tuner box. Someone in the neighborhood took the liberty of swiping my dish so I bought a Dish 500 with dual LNBs from a local dealer for a great price. I also got a dual tuner DVR i think its the 625 model.

Anyway the local guy tells me to get some barrel connectors to bypass the switch, which i have done, and run both LNBs to the back of the box which I have also done. Problem is I am only getting 110 and my switch test returns this

Input:......|...1...|...2...|
Satellite:..|.110.|...X...|
Polarity:...|..All..|Conn|
Device:....|Twin.|.Twin|

I have searched for solutions and it seems no matter what I try I cannot get 119 but I suspect it has something to do with the internal switch in the LNBs. Any suggestions from you sat vets?

OK I just got back in from trying to locate it, i set the signal finder screen to 119 and it still finds 110 and says wrong satellite

Cover the 110 lnb with tin foil (the one on the right looking from behind the dish) and if you still get signal from 110, then you are seeing the 110 satellite with the 119 lnb - you are 11-12 degrees too far east and 3-4 degrees too high - swing 'er right.

Just moved back to my old place where I had Dish installed with a SuperDish dp34 switch and dual tuner box. Someone in the neighborhood took the liberty of swiping my dish so I bought a Dish 500 with dual LNBs from a local dealer for a great price. I also got a dual tuner DVR i think its the 625 model.

Anyway the local guy tells me to get some barrel connectors to bypass the switch, which i have done, and run both LNBs to the back of the box which I have also done. Problem is I am only getting 110 and my switch test returns this

Input:......|...1...|...2...|
Satellite:..|.110.|...X...|
Polarity:...|..All..|Conn|
Device:....|Twin.|.Twin|

I have searched for solutions and it seems no matter what I try I cannot get 119 but I suspect it has something to do with the internal switch in the LNBs. Any suggestions from you sat vets?

I believe I know what your problem is. You can't use dual lnbs with no switch inline. Now your switch test results show a "twin" is being used. Are you using two separate lnbs, one in the 110 and the other in the 119 slot of the Y bracket or are you using a twin? If you are using a twin then there is a very good chance that the 119 side is bad, rare but it does happen. If you are using two dual lnbs then simply hook back up the dp34 switch and rerun the test. Hope this helps.

OK I switched to a super dish and a dp34 and now when i check switch i get
Input:......|...1...|....2....|...3...|
Satellite:..|.110.|....X....|...X...|
Polarity:...|..All..|..Conn.|...X...|
Device:.....|Dual.|..Dual.|..N.C..|
Switch:.....| DP34

I have take a couple pics of my lnb setup on this dish, hoping it will help
pict007650.jpg

pict007750.jpg

Do you think its the coax? I could go get some new cable but I am pretty sure my current is still ok. Any more suggestions now given my pics and my switch test results?

one of your two cables going to the one dual needs to go to the other dual to the left

K i just switched it and am running a switch test, i figured that left lnb was for sat 105 or something. will post the results in a min

switched it, moved the dish to the right and bingo. I guess a pic is worth a thousand words THANKS for being patient with me guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts