trouble setting up slimline 3 sattelite

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here is why we emphasize that having the pole perfectly vertical is so important. You get the best signal you can on the 101 sat, then lock things down tight. You do not want the sat dish to move left and right or up and down at this point. The adjustment for 99 and 103 is strictly in the tilt. If you are having problems at this point something is wrong with the vertical alignment of the pole or you were not optimized on your 101 setting. You really need to be careful on how you do this. (My signal is 96% on 101 so you should be OK when you get the tilt aligned right.)

Glad to hear that things are looking up for you on this.

Note to harshness: I have double checked his numbers on dishpointer.com and he is using the right numbers.

He seems fine on signal strength as his lowest is 85 on one of the 103 transponders. Using my modded "Dish" 1000.2 with an SL3s I am happy if I see high 60's on the 99 and/or 103. It's digital so it's there or it ain't. I also don't get all the 99 and 103 transponders because some are spot beams but I don't see any errors or miss any channels.

I am thinking the error is something else. Does he need BBC's? Bad LNB?

If he is ABSOLUTELY plumb, has the CORRECT Elevation and Tilt pre-set, and 95% on the 101, something else is amiss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts