Trouble with AMC9 83 W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lavaboy

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
I am trying to get the RTV channels with my viewsat extreme on 83W. I have a HH90 motor and I am using USALS. The problem is I do not have a listing for AMC 9 83W on my sat list so I manually included it but when I try and add a transponder it will disappear ( the tp) when I exit to save. So I have a sat with no transponders and then it defaults back to Intelsat 705 ( I think it is that one at 49.5W ?). I may have a glitchy viewsat because it will always stop on a blind scan around 7325 freq and jump back and forth around 7325 and 7327. Tried a different lnb and it was the same. Tried re flashing factory and then installing 090717 file ( I was told to use it for globecast 97w, which is working fine). Any suggestions?

Thanks

If it were any of my receivers in the same situation, I would "add new satellite" then configure that satellite to be accessed using USALS and setting 83W as the longitude, etc. Unless I misread something, it seems you are adding a transponder instead of definiing a new satellite first and verifying your dish moves to 83W before you start adding 83W transponders.

the dish would move to 83W when I punch in AMC-3 in my sat list and then I"d add my first transponder and go from there (tweaking the USALS-programmed longitude for maximum signal, etc).

The "extra" file may be messing up the blind scan. Put the factory file back in it and nothing else. Then try the blind scan operation again. You don't need any files to watch 97W, and files to decrypt the scrambled channels fall into the 'hacker' category which isn't allowed here.
Like the other post said, be sure when you set up the new satellite, you go into the motor setup and add the satellite's orbital location, so the motor knows where to drive the dish before it scans.

If it were any of my receivers in the same situation, I would "add new satellite" then configure that satellite to be accessed using USALS and setting 83W as the longitude, etc. Unless I misread something, it seems you are adding a transponder instead of definiing a new satellite first and verifying your dish moves to 83W before you start adding 83W transponders.

the dish would move to 83W when I punch in AMC-3 in my sat list and then I"d add my first transponder and go from there (tweaking the USALS-programmed longitude for maximum signal, etc).

I am doing at as you described. I think I will flash to factory bin and find an updated sat file.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)