Trouble with DirecTV International DIsh Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brianl

Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
My roommate and I are currently trying to install DirecTV dishes ourselves and ran into a problem. First, we have two dishes, a 5 lnb Slimline dish and a 2 lnb International dish. We borrowed a birdog signal meter from a guy we know to help us perform the install. The 5 lnb dish install was okay. We followed the instructions and got a strong signal. However, we are having some issues with the International dish. With the signal meter, we were able to get a strong signal on the DTV Ka/Ku 3G 101 West. However, on the KV Galaxy-3c 95 West, we have no signal whatsoever. But when we scan for the KH Galaxy-3c 95 West without changing the direction of the dish. We have a clear line to sight of the sky. Right now, we can only use the signal meter because our tenants still have a few months left on their lease and cant hook up a receiver and tv to test it out yet. Can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong?

My roommate and I are currently trying to install DirecTV dishes ourselves and ran into a problem. First, we have two dishes, a 5 lnb Slimline dish and a 2 lnb International dish. We borrowed a birdog signal meter from a guy we know to help us perform the install. The 5 lnb dish install was okay. We followed the instructions and got a strong signal. However, we are having some issues with the International dish. With the signal meter, we were able to get a strong signal on the DTV Ka/Ku 3G 101 West. However, on the KV Galaxy-3c 95 West, we have no signal whatsoever. But when we scan for the KH Galaxy-3c 95 West without changing the direction of the dish. We have a clear line to sight of the sky. Right now, we can only use the signal meter because our tenants still have a few months left on their lease and cant hook up a receiver and tv to test it out yet. Can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong?

Hello briani,

:welcome

Try the following url to assist you.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/88160-international-95w-dish-pointing.html

I hope that this helps.

I've read through the linked post thoroughly. Since I have a Birdog signal meter, I disregarded the topics of checking the signal with the receivers since I am checking right at the dish itself. I have aligned the dish using the DTV Ka/Ku 3G 101 West on the 101 lnb to its peak signal. But I still cannot get anything on the KV Galaxy-3c 95 West setting on the meter even when I make slight adjustments to the azimuth, tilt, and elevation. the KH Galaxy-3c 95 West however is really strong. Do I just have a broken meter and/or lnb or am I completely missing one step?

brianl said:
I've read through the linked post thoroughly. Since I have a Birdog signal meter, I disregarded the topics of checking the signal with the receivers since I am checking right at the dish itself. I have aligned the dish using the DTV Ka/Ku 3G 101 West on the 101 lnb to its peak signal. But I still cannot get anything on the KV Galaxy-3c 95 West setting on the meter even when I make slight adjustments to the azimuth, tilt, and elevation. the KH Galaxy-3c 95 West however is really strong. Do I just have a broken meter and/or lnb or am I completely missing one step?

If the dish is all correctly built (tilt and elevation) then if you're able to get signal on the 101 then the 95 should fall in to place with some slight tweaking to get it perfect. Have you switched birds in the birdog to make sure you're not getting it? You should be able to hit then"right" arrow button and that should move it to the 95 slot unless it isn't programmed in. Mine didn't have it in it for the longest time then I got an AIM and put the birdog away after I finally updated it

Assuming the "V" and "H" refer to vertical and horizontal polarity or polarization, aren't these readings what they're supposed to be?

Since the transponders for DIRECTV USA international programming on G3C only use horizontal polarity?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts