Trouble With Dish 500

JetsMetsGuy

Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Just within the last week, I am not able to lock in on 119 & 110 on my Dish 500!

I am also seeing the Status in the Install Summary as - No Switch Box Detected.

There doesn't appear to be any damage to the dish & doesn't look like the dish

needs to be re-aligned! Nothing is blocking the dish!

Any suggestions on what might be wrong & how I can fix it would be much

appreciated!

Thanks - John R. - Jacksonville, FL

Digital Home Protection Plan (DHPP) $5.99/mo. yields a $29.99 service call and free replacement of defective parts. Cancel DHPP after problem is cured.

DISH 500 - 110 Yes 119 No

Tonight I am receiving Sat. 110 but not Sat 119.

I am locking in 119 at a signal strength of 44.

The Install Summary Status : Problem detected, check connections

Everything seems to be connected right!

Is 44 too low of a signal to pull in the stations from 119?

Thanks - John R.

I'm having a similar problem. One receiver is fine, the other wont get satelite 110. I don't even get the program guide. It may be me, but it seems like it started around the time I inserted my new card.

I received my new cards a couple of months ago & come to think of it, there

have been several issues since then & not before!

On my Dish 5oo I am receiving nothing now!
I am getting - Attention 015
Instead of seeing Satellite 110 & 119 when searching for a transponder it goes right to Default.
I went on my roof this morning & there are no obstructions & the Dish has'nt moved.
The Dish Network chat person ran several diagnostic tests & did not find anything.
Is anyone experiencing this too?
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks - John R.

Call Dish. Sign up for the DHPP, as suggested. Only I suggest you do as I do, and keep it. Then they will come out and figure out and solve the problem for you. Switches & LNBs do go bad.

I am sitting down in Gainesville on a tripod looking at 110 and 119 with no problems? Must be a problem on your end. I know we have had some bad electical storms, don't know about Jax.

My Dish 500 Install Summary says:

Installed Device : Unknown

I have 4 X's for Polarity & 4 X's for Satellite

Is there anything else I can check before having a Dish tech to the house?

Thanks - John

AS I told you 2 months ago sign up for DHPP. You could have had your problem solved 2 months ago and be enjoying reliable DISH reception again. You only have yourself to blame.

Yes! The Dish hasn't moved!
OK... Is it cabled up to anything? :D I'm only being slightly facetious here, because I had something approaching a tornado blow one of my dishes down a couple of years ago.

General procedure if you're having trouble setting up for the first time is to run an RG6 cable directly from LNB to a receiver tuner input. If you have a known-good cable and your receiver still can't see the LNB (and it's a DishPro LNB) then either LNB or receiver are DOA. I've also mangled the center conductor on cables and shorted it out completely. That would also yield nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts