DVR Alert!! HDnet Free Preview Movie Preview Tonight....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
'WORLD'S GREATEST DAD' Starring Robin Williams and Directed by Bobcat Goldthwait to Premiere as a Sneak Preview on HDNet Movies

Film to Premiere Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET - Two Days Prior to its National Theatrical Release

HDNet Movies presents a special Sneak Preview of the dark comedy WORLD'S GREATEST DAD, starring Robin Williams and written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Aaron Hillis of The Village Voice says that the film is "Scandalously entertaining!" While Indiewire says that WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is "A rich, black comedy. . .Robin Williams' best role in years." Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly calls WORLD'S GREATEST DAD, "A crazy, foul-mouthed black comedy that blows up every rule of taste and common sense and somehow gets away with it."

A thoughtful but outrageous comedy from Bobcat Goldthwait, WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is a story about a man that learns the things you want most may not be the things that make you happy, and that being lonely is not necessarily the same as being alone.

Robin Williams stars as Lance Clayton, a man who has learned to settle. He dreamed of being a rich and famous writer, but has only managed to make it as a high school poetry teacher. His only son Kyle (Daryl Sabara) is an insufferable jackass who won't give his father the time of day. He is dating Claire (Alexie Gilmore), the school's adorable art teacher, but she doesn't want to get serious -- or even acknowledge publicly that they are dating.

Then, in the wake of a freak accident, Lance suffers the worst tragedy and greatest opportunity of his life. He is suddenly faced with the possibility of all the fame, fortune and popularity he ever dreamed of, if he can only live with the knowledge of how he got there.

WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is the latest installment in the HDNet Movies "Sneak Preview" series. Only HDNet Movies presents exclusive "Sneak Previews" of films to viewers before they premiere in theaters. All Sneak Preview films are free to HDNet Movies subscribers.

I'm confused. World's Greatest Dad has been on PPV on DISH Network all day today. Did they release it to PPV before they open in theaters?

'WORLD'S GREATEST DAD' Starring Robin Williams and Directed by Bobcat Goldthwait to Premiere as a Sneak Preview on HDNet Movies

Film to Premiere Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET - Two Days Prior to its National Theatrical Release

HDNet Movies presents a special Sneak Preview of the dark comedy WORLD'S GREATEST DAD, starring Robin Williams and written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, Wednesday, August 19 at 8:00 p.m. ET.

Aaron Hillis of The Village Voice says that the film is "Scandalously entertaining!" While Indiewire says that WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is "A rich, black comedy. . .Robin Williams' best role in years." Owen Gleiberman of Entertainment Weekly calls WORLD'S GREATEST DAD, "A crazy, foul-mouthed black comedy that blows up every rule of taste and common sense and somehow gets away with it."

A thoughtful but outrageous comedy from Bobcat Goldthwait, WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is a story about a man that learns the things you want most may not be the things that make you happy, and that being lonely is not necessarily the same as being alone.

Robin Williams stars as Lance Clayton, a man who has learned to settle. He dreamed of being a rich and famous writer, but has only managed to make it as a high school poetry teacher. His only son Kyle (Daryl Sabara) is an insufferable jackass who won't give his father the time of day. He is dating Claire (Alexie Gilmore), the school's adorable art teacher, but she doesn't want to get serious -- or even acknowledge publicly that they are dating.

Then, in the wake of a freak accident, Lance suffers the worst tragedy and greatest opportunity of his life. He is suddenly faced with the possibility of all the fame, fortune and popularity he ever dreamed of, if he can only live with the knowledge of how he got there.

WORLD'S GREATEST DAD is the latest installment in the HDNet Movies "Sneak Preview" series. Only HDNet Movies presents exclusive "Sneak Previews" of films to viewers before they premiere in theaters. All Sneak Preview films are free to HDNet Movies subscribers.

Ok Free Preview means "free"

If you don't have an HD package Dish is not opening up HDNet Movies for free tonight.

Ok Free Preview means "free"

If you don't have an HD package Dish is not opening up HDNet Movies for free tonight.

This thread is meant for people who "know" they have HDNET Movies......
and yes it is "free" for those people.;)

Scott,
This is great and I have set my DVR, but my wife wants to know - Why would they show it on TV before it comes out on TV? (OK, I would like to know also)

Scott,
This is great and I have set my DVR, but my wife wants to know - Why would they show it on TV before it comes out on TV? (OK, I would like to know also)
HDNet Movies Sneak Preview
Experience exclusive broadcasts of new films before they hit theaters and DVD

World’s Greatest Dad
Premieres Wednesday, August 19th at 8:00pm, followed by encore presentations at 9:45 and 11:30pm
A thoughtful but outrageous comedy from Bobcat Goldthwait, WORLD’S GREATEST DAD is a story about a man that learns the things you want most may not be the things that make you happy, and that being lonely is not necessarily the same as being alone.
Robin Williams stars as Lance Clayton, a man who has learned to settle. He dreamed of being a rich and famous writer, but has only managed to make it as a high school poetry teacher. His only son Kyle (Daryl Sabara) is an insufferable jerk who won’t give his father the time of day. He is dating Claire (Alexie Gilmore), the school’s adorable art teacher, but she doesn’t want to get serious -- or even acknowledge publicly that they are dating. Then, in the wake of a freak accident, Lance suffers the worst tragedy and greatest opportunity of his life. He is suddenly faced with the possibility of all the fame, fortune and popularity he ever dreamed of, if he can only live with the knowledge of how he got there.
Written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, WORLD’S GREATEST DAD stars Robin Williams, Alexie
Gilmore, Daryl Sabara, Geoff Pierson, Henry Simmons and Mitzi McCall. The film was produced by Tim Perrell, Howard Gertler, Sean McKittrick and Richard Kelly and co-produced by Sarah de Sa Rego

http://www.satelliteguys.us/cable-satellite-networks/181351-hdnet-movies-august.html
http://www.hdnetmovies.com/schedulepdfs/movies_hilites-2009-08.pdf

:)

HDNet Movies Sneak Preview
Experience exclusive broadcasts of new films before they hit theaters and DVD

World’s Greatest Dad
Premieres Wednesday, August 19th at 8:00pm, followed by encore presentations at 9:45 and 11:30pm
A thoughtful but outrageous comedy from Bobcat Goldthwait, WORLD’S GREATEST DAD is a story about a man that learns the things you want most may not be the things that make you happy, and that being lonely is not necessarily the same as being alone.
Robin Williams stars as Lance Clayton, a man who has learned to settle. He dreamed of being a rich and famous writer, but has only managed to make it as a high school poetry teacher. His only son Kyle (Daryl Sabara) is an insufferable jerk who won’t give his father the time of day. He is dating Claire (Alexie Gilmore), the school’s adorable art teacher, but she doesn’t want to get serious -- or even acknowledge publicly that they are dating. Then, in the wake of a freak accident, Lance suffers the worst tragedy and greatest opportunity of his life. He is suddenly faced with the possibility of all the fame, fortune and popularity he ever dreamed of, if he can only live with the knowledge of how he got there.
Written and directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, WORLD’S GREATEST DAD stars Robin Williams, Alexie
Gilmore, Daryl Sabara, Geoff Pierson, Henry Simmons and Mitzi McCall. The film was produced by Tim Perrell, Howard Gertler, Sean McKittrick and Richard Kelly and co-produced by Sarah de Sa Rego

http://www.satelliteguys.us/cable-satellite-networks/181351-hdnet-movies-august.html
http://www.hdnetmovies.com/schedulepdfs/movies_hilites-2009-08.pdf

:)

I saw this by doing a search and went to HD NET Movie website, but I was wondering why they do this. Just curious. I would think that they would want people to go to the theater and showing it free would lose money for them. (Maybe HDNet pays them enough to make up the difference)

I saw this by doing a search and went to HD NET Movie website, but I was wondering why they do this. Just curious. I would think that they would want people to go to the theater and showing it free would lose money for them. (Maybe HDNet pays them enough to make up the difference)

I think you hit the nail on the head. HDNET paid good
money for it. I see this movie going DVD very quickly.

I think you hit the nail on the head. HDNET paid good
money for it. I see this movie going DVD very quickly.

Once a month they premiere a movie before it hits theaters. The movie is made by magnolia pictures. Magnolia Pictures is an American film distributor, and is a holding of 2929 Entertainment, owned by Todd Wagner and Mark Cuban.
HDnet/hdnetmovies is owned by Mark Cuban.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)