Trouble with HR-20 DVR after update

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hookem99

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Pflugerville, Texas
I have been having issues with the DVR since the last software update. Before the update, everything was perfect, not a single issue. After the update;

While watching a recorded program, sometimes it will just lock up. I then have to restart the program and FF to the spot it stopped. Sometimes once, other times 5 or 6 during a program.

While watching live TV, sometimes, it wont pause, or RW. Others, it will pause, but wont play again, or FF.

Both of these happen while on a SAT or OTA HD channel.
I have done all the normal stuff to try and correct the issue. Including a call to DTV which as usual was useless.

My biggest complaint, it seems that year after year, I am having to replace my DVR, or HD receiver. Every January or February, for the last 4 years, one fails..like clockwork. Gets expensive at $400/pop and not even own it! This latest issue comes after a upgrade, I never asked for.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Hookem99 said:
Every January or February, for the last 4 years, one fails..like clockwork. Gets expensive at $400/pop

Why do you not or nor seemingly ever have had the PROTECTION PLAN?

Why do you not or nor seemingly ever have had the PROTECTION PLAN?

Yes, I have it, but I have found it to be rather useless. Every time a receiver goes out, its all ways more than 12 months after I got it. My HR20 was purchased in Jan. '07. DTV told me last year, that the prot plan only covers the unit for one year from activation. I really did not go into it with the guy last night. However he did say a service call would cost me like $70. isn't that suppose to be covered too? I realize its the way of life nowadays, but it sucks that company's don't take care of longtime customers!

Yes, I have it, but I have found it to be rather useless. Every time a receiver goes out, its all ways more than 12 months after I got it. My HR20 was purchased in Jan. '07. DTV told me last year, that the prot plan only covers the unit for one year from activation. I really did not go into it with the guy last night. However he did say a service call would cost me like $70. isn't that suppose to be covered too? I realize its the way of life nowadays, but it sucks that company's don't take care of longtime customers!

Hookem,
If you have the protection plan, it covers as long as you have it for, not just a year, I think the year thing was probably the length if you DON"T have the PP.

You should not be paying if the rec goes bad if you have the PP, just a call to D* to replace it.
possibly have to pay the shipping cfost, but normally not.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)