Trouble with satellite 110 and Samsung

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barsat

Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
I have a 3 lnbf 18X23 dish with multiswitch built in. I bought it a couple years ago. I bought a Samsung sir-ts360 about a year ago. My dish came with 2 dual lnbs and can hook up to 4 receivers. I just bought a third lnbf recently to get more HD channels from DirecTV. The problem- my Samsung HD receiver refuses to acknowledge the presence of a SAT C lnb no matter how many times I try to set dish properties, or reboot system, or anything. Oddly enough, I tested for a satellite signal at the dish for each of my lnbs and sat C shows 80% signal strength with 18 volts present at the lnb(between lnb and multiswitch), while the other sats 101 and 119 show 100% (individually tested). So looking between receiver and multiswitch I have the 80% signal from Sat C lnb but the receiver thinks there is no lnb present.
Anyone have this kind of problem with Samsung?

On the side, my Samsung sir-ts360 receiver has not frozen up since I added a fan to my cabinet to cool it off.

barsat said:
I have a 3 lnbf 18X23 dish with multiswitch built in. I bought it a couple years ago. I bought a Samsung sir-ts360 about a year ago. My dish came with 2 dual lnbs and can hook up to 4 receivers. I just bought a third lnbf recently to get more HD channels from DirecTV. The problem- my Samsung HD receiver refuses to acknowledge the presence of a SAT C lnb no matter how many times I try to set dish properties, or reboot system, or anything. Oddly enough, I tested for a satellite signal at the dish for each of my lnbs and sat C shows 80% signal strength with 18 volts present at the lnb(between lnb and multiswitch), while the other sats 101 and 119 show 100% (individually tested). So looking between receiver and multiswitch I have the 80% signal from Sat C lnb but the receiver thinks there is no lnb present.
Anyone have this kind of problem with Samsung?

On the side, my Samsung sir-ts360 receiver has not frozen up since I added a fan to my cabinet to cool it off.

I don't have the 360,(A friend does) but, when you go into the sat set up mode, does it show an option for the 3 LNB set up ?

If it is showing 80% signal, what type of trouble are you having.
Are you getting programming off all three sats ?

Jimbo

The 3 lnb option does show up on dish setup. It can be selected manually. There is also an auto dish detect option in dish setup. Let me elaborate on my trouble. The auto dish detect will only recognize 2 lnbs. I can still manually select 3 lnb dish. My signal meter is a handheld that I used on the dish connections. The receiver does not recognize a 3rd lnb and shows no signal on the setup screen even though my handheld meter shows 80% up at the dish. Lastly I get no programming from channels that come from sat 110.

barsat said:
The 3 lnb option does show up on dish setup. It can be selected manually. There is also an auto dish detect option in dish setup. Let me elaborate on my trouble. The auto dish detect will only recognize 2 lnbs. I can still manually select 3 lnb dish. My signal meter is a handheld that I used on the dish connections. The receiver does not recognize a 3rd lnb and shows no signal on the setup screen even though my handheld meter shows 80% up at the dish. Lastly I get no programming from channels that come from sat 110.

Are you absolutly sure you are pointed at the 110 when you say your signal meter shows 80%, it is very possible that you are picking up a different sat, other than the 110.
I usually can pick up all sorts os sats, but only the correct ones will produce a picture.
Seeing you have used this sat finder, I will presume you know this already, but thought I would mention it anyway.

Jimbo

Have you tried swapping the lnbs around (if possible)? My dish came with the 3 lnb's already installed so I'm not sure how you are "adding" the third lnb. My Samsung finds all 3 lnbs when using the auto detect feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts