Trouble with Showtime HDwest

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
I have noticed the past few days that the feed gets really messed up during action scenes, or when there is a lot of movement present ont the screen. It doesn't pixelate, but the image sort of blurs a second, then it sort of stutters, and loses sync with the audio for a bit. Then when things slow down, it goes back to normal. I've seen this problem with just about every movie they've played in the last 2 days. Anyone else notice it?

Yes SIR. Exactly as described. It makes you think that your TV is the problem. Until you switch the channel and see a good feed. Paying extra money for premium channels should require premium picture quality that is comparable to what you can get on other satellite services.

Ken F said:
Which others?
Well for one Ken, Starzhdwest this morning-Daddy Day Care near unwatchable due to stutttttter and pixelation, frame skips, all the usual Voom trademarks-go ahead take alook and enjoy

eschu97611 said:
Well for one Ken, Starzhdwest this morning-Daddy Day Care near unwatchable due to stutttttter and pixelation, frame skips, all the usual Voom trademarks-go ahead take alook and enjoy

I'll tell you, nothing more frustrating and disheartening when it comes to home entertainment, in my opinion, than flipping through your pg and seeing a movie you want to watch and then finding out that the channel it is on is ridden with the type of pq issues described earlier-kninda ruins the experience if you know what I mean-anyway, gotta go and PAY MY VOOM BILL NOW-see ya!!!!

eschu97611 said:

ok, you've again confirmed what I've suspected. I knew that I saw a problem with another HD west premium movie channel, besides Showtime. Now I remember it was starz. But it seems like the problem there comes and goes on that channel, where as Showtime west always looks bad. WHy is it, after complaining about one channel, and they fix it, another channel always comes up with another issue?

Have not yet observed any of the problems with my box on the Showtime West HD feed. Actually haven't had any problems at all yet. (knock on wood).

FAYRICH said:
Have not yet observed any of the problems with my box on the Showtime West HD feed. Actually haven't had any problems at all yet. (knock on wood).
Its comments like these that make me wonder what is really going on with Voom-how is is that some seem to experience pq issues when Wilt himself has admitted seeing them at hq and others seem to think there are no issues-curiouser and curiouser comments like Fayrich's get.

I haven't checked those channels but I was also getting breakups on Animania even though my signal was 90+...

eschu97611 said:
Its comments like these that make me wonder what is really going on with Voom-how is is that some seem to experience pq issues when Wilt himself has admitted seeing them at hq and others seem to think there are no issues-curiouser and curiouser comments like Fayrich's get.

honestly I think some folks don't leave it on the channel in question long enough to see the problem. Just try and watch a movie on Show west HD. Any movie it doesn't matter, you will see it.

GeneWildershair said:
honestly I think some folks don't leave it on the channel in question long enough to see the problem. Just try and watch a movie on Show west HD. Any movie it doesn't matter, you will see it.

Amen Brother

Sean Mota said:
Gene,

the problem seems to be all over... Right now I am seeing the same breakups on Starz-HD E.

Showtimes problem has been there a few days now though. I am watching Strz east right now (the hot chick), and I don't see it yet. But I am looking.

Sean Mota said:
It is on cinemax west Hd as well.

Sean I am not seeing this same *showtime* issue on these other channels you emntioned, but I won't doubt your seeing something. The Showtime HD west issue is so noticable though.

Sean Mota said:
I think my problems are due to the strong winds right now... I got them and signal is breaking up...

it may be, but when it's all settled down, I'm sure you will see the showtimeHD west stutter problem. It is really bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts