Trouble with Triple LNB/MS with Sat 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhutsell3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Noblesville, IN
Trouble getting Sat 119 on any of my receivers. I have tried everything short of replacing the Triple LNB and MS. When I have my receivers (Old Digital) do an auto detect of the switch it says that it is a basic switch? Is this what is built in? When I change to smart switch it gives me the signals to 119 but when I go to signal strength meter it says that it is an invalid satellite?

On my HD receiver when I do the auto detect it comes up and says that it is a round dish? Apparently it does not see the switch at all? Could I have a bad lnb and ms?

I am really not sure where to turn to. I have adjusted the dish till I am blue in the face and have all but almost cut every tree down in my back yard.

Help !!!!

Mhutsell3

i am not sure what you mean by auto detect in this case. but you need to sit you reciever on the 3 lmb function and then whatever the scews it gives you when you put in you zip make sure they are correct on the dish it can make a world of differentance if they are by any. on the Hd rec. sound like you have it sat on round dish you need to go into the menu and change it to 3 lmb also.

don't thing you lmb is bad sound like you rec. are sat wrong.

t

See I have a H10 Receiver that I just purchased from Best Buy. I had it set to 3 LNB and I still get nothing on the 119 Sat. If I go through the autoconfiguration on the Receiver it says that it does not detect a 3 lnb dish only a round dish 2 lnb.

Is there a way to test the LNB and the MS to see if there is a problem?

Thanks,

Milford

Not relly any way to test them unless you have another lmb. have you check you fitting to make sure there it stinger touching the copper center that will also cause this problem.

t

Well D* sent a tech out this morning and he indicates that I will never be able to receive Sat 119 unless I can get three different neighbors to cut down three different trees in their yards. I am not sure what to do now. Does anyone know? I have seen rumors that 119 will not have the High Definition stuff on it long term. With the launch of new satellites will I need this one long term? I am not sure what to do now since I am only getting half of what I am paying for.

Thanks,

119 is currently used for locals.

110 (the middle LNB) is used for HD channels.

That is interesting, I am getting all of my local channels but missing part of my HD stations. I cannot get any of my Distant Broadcast Feeds.

Interesting I have Fox East and ABC East and according to the list you posted it says that they are on 110 and 101 respectively. However I cannot get them. They say message 771. Is this any help?

Am I going to get screwed when and if D* finally adds new HD programming like TNT HD?

Thanks,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)