Troubleshooting a setup question

LLodge2

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2003
Good evening, all!

I posted a couple months back about getting Shaw set up. DISH worked great. Now I moved back to Iowa and am having trouble with the 119 on DISH. I am using 110 skew, 38 on elevation, and 202 on the azumuth. 110 booms in fine. The check switch said that it wasn't detecting 119, so I purchased another LNBF. After doing some resets (unplugging) the check switch program on the receiver said the same thing. What are the odds on two LNBFs both being dead on 119?

I have done the following:

- tested the signal on both receivers with same result
- reversed the cables at the LNBF to see if it was a bad cable (110 still showed although it was only plugged into the 119)
- used the Droid satellite finder app to make sure I was spot on

Any ideas? I've tried to talk to DISH, but since I am not able to spend $$$ on the HD receivers they aren't really interested in talking to me about troubleshooting the DISH 500. I've made just about every adjustment one could make on skew, etc. and it is the same with both LNBFs. There are no obstructions. As a matter of fact the unit went right back on the exact same pole in the exact same place from where it had been for nearly five years! :confused:

Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)