true south sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

travis69

Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
newbie problem i have just purchased a viewsat xtreme package from gosatellite stab 90 invacom quad lnb 35in. fortec dish live in mn.56621 trying to find my true south sat i have sat finder and find sat all over but my receiver don,t konw which one is which.when i was trying to get in galaxy 10 i get the signal up to 75 and the bar would be red quality 10-20 but when flipping through sat's on the installion all the echo star sats were green i'm sure green means locked on and if so how can i have 3 sats all green if i'm wrong please correct any help would be nice thanks

welcome :wave from another Minnesotan (SW suburbs of Minneapolis)

I checked your zip and it looks like your true south is Galaxy 3C at 95 (your longitude is 95.4)

What I would do first is take the motor off and try and get G3 with the fixed dish. Use one of the "L" ports on the LNB
The dish for fixed dish is at
35.5 elevation
179.5 (pretty much straight south)
skew leave at 0 (stright up and down)

Go into the programming of the box and select Galaxy 3C
The LNB LO needs to be standard and 10750
Go down to the list of frequencies and such and find the following

freq-11780
polarity-H
symbol rate-20760

Thats CCTV and is VERY strong. Once you get that locked in then you know where to aim the dish. I havent worked with a STAB motor so I don't know exactly what the settings are (sorry about that)

travis69 said:
newbie problem i have just purchased a viewsat xtreme package from gosatellite stab 90 invacom quad lnb 35in. fortec dish live in mn.56621 trying to find my true south sat i have sat finder and find sat all over but my receiver don,t konw which one is which.when i was trying to get in galaxy 10 i get the signal up to 75 and the bar would be red quality 10-20 but when flipping through sat's on the installion all the echo star sats were green i'm sure green means locked on and if so how can i have 3 sats all green if i'm wrong please correct any help would be nice thanks

Telstar 5 97.0W 182.2 179.1 35.4 1.5

Set the LOF at 10750 in the sat setup menue .

Please try to put some periods at the end of your sentences . Your post is almost un-readable . :-(

Then we may be able to better help you .

Best of luck ,
Wyr

Please try to put some periods at the end of your sentences . Your post is almost un-readable . :-(
well said :)
I saw true south and a zip so I figured that would start but yes the post was hard to read

Status
Please reply by conversation.