Trust Counts... A Note from SatelliteGuys Founder Scott Greczkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the CE stuff located in the Forum. When I click on Member Map (NEW) it says I don't have permission. Does that tab not work for everyone? Thanks

In the DirecTV forum there is a sub-forum called Cutting Edge.

You must be registered & logged-in to see it.

Or you can just click my signature :)

Charlesrshell,

You must be on the "Classic Look" the members map no longer works unfortunately and support for it was stopped by the author.

There are lots of new features which are not on the classic look. You might want to try the other look as the Classic Look will be going away in the next few weeks as we upgrade to new software.

Charlesrshell,

You must be on the "Classic Look" the members map no longer works unfortunately and support for it was stopped by the author.

There are lots of new features which are not on the classic look. You might want to try the other look as the Classic Look will be going away in the next few weeks as we upgrade to new software.

OK, thanks.

MoreTV I lifted your ban, and also saw what you wrote.

All that I can say is if you are here to cause trouble then let me know and I will personally ban you again.

However if you are here and want to learn and possibly even help others then welcome.

The choice is yours.

MoreTV I lifted your ban, and also saw what you wrote.

All that I can say is if you are here to cause trouble then let me know and I will personally ban you again.

However if you are here and want to learn and possibly even help others then welcome.

The choice is yours.

I wasn't trying to cause any trouble at all.

All I did was openly express my thoughts/feelings. Which has been stated over and over in this thread that this is what this website is all about, and I got banned. Just kinda seemed contradictory. That's all.

I wish you all the best. Now may I suggest less ads, or a easier to fallow post threading. The way it is now it is hard to read.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite to this site. The first thing I'd like to see is some actual spelling and grammar. Many of the posts I have read so far confuse me.

Secondly, it seems that from the posts I've read so far there's much pandemonium here.

I'm having a hard time, from my first impressions, seeing how members and moderators here could participate in an effective way in the DirecTV CE program, which requires not only proper monitoring and submission of relative information, but diligent moderating of said posts and materials, to help DirecTV improve their products for all of us.

Please enlighten a newb to SatGuys.

Atleast you got a invite, LOL

This may be a dump question but how could you get them fired up with only 2 posts and both of them here :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to cause any trouble at all.

All I did was openly express my thoughts/feelings. Which has been stated over and over in this thread that this is what this website is all about, and I got banned. Just kinda seemed contradictory. That's all.

This may be a dump question but how could you get them fired up with only 2 posts and both of them here :rolleyes:

The offending post was deleted before my account was closed.

I love satelliteguys because you can actually speak your mind.

At satguys you can be yourself and not be parented by the mods.

If people aren't allowed to state differing opinions, why not make the first post and lock the thread ? It's not much better than "the other site" when this happens... They'd delete the disagreeing posts, of course.

When you sensor people, keep people from going to the right sources, when moderators ban people from having oppiniating views, that is the wrong team. There should be no reason for censoring. We keep things very open minded here.

Nope. No one has been banned.

Yep. Nothing, Nothing has been deleteted either.

We avoid deleting or modifying posts in 99.9% of situations we address. Generally, unless you are hacking, totally ripping someone else inappropriately, or using the F bomb, we let your opinion stand. Something that many appreciate here.

Name calling certainely not professonal, but again, that is the individual's opinion that typed it.

So let's recap ...

Because DIRECTV gave DBSTalk some opportunities not offered here at SatGuys, and because DBSTalk forwarded draft First Looks to DIRECTV for review prior to publishing them, those DBSTalk First Looks were "corrupt" or "propaganda". But now that SatGuys is being offered the same opportunity and will also be forwarding their Premiere Reviews to DIRECTV, it's OK. They're just technical edits - the Premiere Reviews won't be propaganda.

The DBSTalk moderators don't tolerate name-call and disrespecting other members and even members of the "other" site, but SatGuys prides itself on an anything goes attitude, name-calling included for both members of this site and members of the "other" site. It's even acceptable for Staff Members (aka Moderators) to name-call.

SatGuys has not deleted posts or banned members this week, but SatGuys has deleted at least one post and banned one member this week, with the Staff Member who banned the user just expressing his opinion in the ban notification letting the banned member know what he could do with himself. (Hey, anything goes ...) The banned member is now back and was been advised that if he wants to say, he should really just try to be helpful instead of expressing his opinions, because not ..... anything .... goes.

SatGuys wants to play in the same sandbox as DBSTalk. Through an error during a transitional period, SatGuys did not receive some notifications in a timely manner. This error has been corrected and now SatGuys and DBSTalk are on equal footing.

Did I miss anything? :D

So let's recap ...

Because DIRECTV gave DBSTalk some opportunities not offered here at SatGuys, and because DBSTalk forwarded draft First Looks to DIRECTV for review prior to publishing them, those DBSTalk First Looks were "corrupt" or "propaganda". But now that SatGuys is being offered the same opportunity and will also be forwarding their Premiere Reviews to DIRECTV, it's OK. They're just technical edits - the Premiere Reviews won't be propaganda.

LOL. Yea, nice reversal. DBSTalk is corrupt and DirecTV puppets and so far up DirecTV's butt (to quote) to have DirecTV review but it's A-OK for Satguys to have DirecTV review their stuff. Gotta love it. Nothing ever changes.

Excuse me but as someone who is still a bit of a new person here, just a casual observation. Until this thread I had never even heard of this DBS Talk. I found this site because I was looking for information on the providers.

Reading this thread is like dealing with a bunch of 10 year olds.

There are a lot of supposed adults here who need to grow up already.

Not trying to take sides but really the only true test of who is telling the truth and who is not will be judged by the actions of the people on both sides. If you really mean that you want to work together then STOP THE NONSENSE already.

Right now as an observer I am seeing a lot of finger pointing that is making any attempt at working together next to impossible.

If people truly want to work together then someone really needs to stand up and say let the past be the past and start fresh. They also have to really mean it.

Saying that so and so is bad or that one site does this or that is only going to cause real problems down the road as tiny nitpicking today tends to lead to flame wars tomorrow.

So can one ask who is going to be the first real adult and make a real effort to work together? Either you are or you are not so knock off the finger pointing.

Because right now it is hard to believe anyone on either side the way people are acting.

Last edited:
Then let me ask you this.

If you were running a test program and the testers made an agreement with a company supplying the components being tested. Further, following the agreement is part & parcel to continuing the program.

You invite some people from a "competing" group of testers and they make the same agreement to participate.

The they go ahead and do what they want, claim it's an exclusive, and don't consult anybody before doing so.

Can you not see how this might make you upset?

Or, would be worried about how this might effect the future of your testing program?

Mike

wow!!
The "Competing group of testers" comment is REALLY telling...
From every beta testing program I have been involved in all the testers were ONE group! there were no sides...
seems more to me than anything, DBStalk is just hashing sour grapes cause they feel slighted.. once ANY product is in the public market it is no longer beta. ANYONE on the street can write a review. Tester or not...

Heck, who filed the complaint???.. Don't think Dtv or Sat guys had an issue wihtthe review.. only the ones that feel "Slighted" whined

seems more to me than anything, DBStalk is just hashing sour grapes cause they feel slighted.. once ANY product is in the public market it is no longer beta. ANYONE on the street can write a review. Tester or not...

Heck, who filed the complaint???.. Don't think Dtv or Sat guys had an issue wihtthe review.. only the ones that feel "Slighted" whined
Pretty much how it looked to me.
At the surface, it looks like DBSTalk thought they were going to be able to do a first review on new equipment. But then Masterdeals suddenly scooped them, and god forbid put his review on a competing site.

It makes it looks like they didn't think that Directv would give new equipment to anyone but them, and makes them seem like children.

I remember the same thing happening when Scott released his "First Look" of the vip622.

As it is, the product was released, so any review could not have broken any rules.

As for pre-clearing any review, whether for content or grammer, that's BS. A real review should be open and honest, and free of any interference. And any review written after a product is released should not need any of that. If something needs to be corrected, that's what revisions are for. A corporate sanitized review is nothing but advertising and worthless for the use of honest evaluation.

I would hope that all of us are above this childless bickering.

As for the "exclusive" title that people are whining about. I read it to mean that Masterdeals review was exclusive to Satelliteguys. And until it's posted somewhere else, that's still what it is.

Any one else is free to do their own "exclusive" review and put it in one place.

Again complaining about that sort of thing is what makes people appear like children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts