TruTv in HD 2011 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Sports Business Journal

March 10 2011 :” DirecTV will carry truTV's NCAA men's basketball tournament games in HD under the terms of a deal the satellite operator finalized with Turner Sports yesterday. Sources said DirecTV has committed to launch the HD version of the channel later this year.”

Have TruTV and Directv been tangoing the last 6 months ?

I do not believe a commitment is a guarantee.

Do you think DirecTv will have TruTV in HD by December 31, 2011.

Unless Directv wants to flat out lie to their customers, I think they'll do the right thing and add truTV HD. Since the channel finally switched to true HD (from stretch-o-vision) about a month ago, it's gotten a lot better to watch.

Unless Directv wants to flat out lie to their customers, I think they'll do the right thing and add truTV HD. Since the channel finally switched to true HD (from stretch-o-vision) about a month ago, it's gotten a lot better to watch.

So basically that means all the epsiodes of COPS, T20MS, and World's Dumbest (most likely others too) are now either pillarboxed or cropped, since they're not in HD, and you can see how ugly Sonya truly is.

So basically that means all the epsiodes of COPS, T20MS, and World's Dumbest (most likely others too) are now either pillarboxed or cropped, since they're not in HD, and you can see how ugly Sonya truly is.
Actually, those shows are still stretched, but their newer shows like Hardcore Pawn and Operation Repo are in true HD.

its was part of the NCCA contact, so they have to add it, kick or screaming , its coming

Did the contract state it must be added in 2011?

The Sports Business Journal: "Sources said DirecTV was committed to adding TruTv HD latter this year. That is not a statement from DirecTv that they will add it this year.

Did the contract state it must be added in 2011?

The Sports Business Journal: "Sources said DirecTV was committed to adding TruTv HD latter this year. That is not a statement from DirecTv that they will add it this year.

truTV HD is a 1080i high definition simulcast of truTV, which is available from Dish Network along with cable television providers such as AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Cable, Cablevision and Verizon FiOS. DirecTV added a temporary part-time HD feed of the channel for coverage of the 2011 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament, with the full-time 24 hour version coming later this year.

JerseyMatt said:
Do you believe everything you read on Wikipedia? It means absolutely nothing.

Actually that quote was in lots of places when the press release came out before March Madness. They all said this year. Heck, you can probably search and find the thread from where everyone thought they were gonna miss their basketball in HD since D didnt have it. The entire press release was posted in it.

Actually that quote was in lots of places when the press release came out before March Madness. They all said this year. Heck, you can probably search and find the thread from where everyone thought they were gonna miss their basketball in HD since D didnt have it. The entire press release was posted in it.

How many of you have seen the channel lately supposedly in HD? I have the channel in HD and the quality of picture for 90% of the content, is like watching a "Buffalo Sabres Hockey Game in SD on my 48 inch Samsung", which would look like crap.

Yes, it was reported in many places. But, that does not make the report correct.

If one person reports 2 plus 2 equals 5 or 100 people report 2 plus 2 equals 5 the report is still factually incorrect.

The Sports Business Journal used the phrase “sources “Plural – more than one. Who are these sources?

I have not been able to find any statement from anyone representing DirecTv or Tru Tv saying the HD channel was going to be added this year – or any year.

And the Sports Business Journal did not say DirecTV was going to add it this year. They said DirecTv was committed to adding it this year.

I was hoping when I read the story in March 2011 that DirecTv this year would add the HD channel along with other HD channels that I really want – AMC, TCM, HLN.

But, it has been 6 months and there has been no hint from DirecTV that TruTV HD will be added.

I hope it will be added along with the other channels this year. But, I don’t think it is going to happen. It would be great if I am wrong.

Do you believe everything you read on Wikipedia? It means absolutely nothing.

no, we all know Wikipedia has mis info , but it was reported all over i didn't have time to google a real story for you, what's so great about TruTv? and why you trust D anyways? i had my problems with d, but they did nothing wrong yet! you can start killing D if don't add it this year

Uhrrr in case you've been asleep, I have no issue with D* and I don't give a rat's ass about truTV in HD. IMO it's a waste of bandwidth on par with G4.

Uhrrr in case you've been asleep, I have no issue with D* and I don't give a rat's ass about truTV in HD. IMO it's a waste of bandwidth on par with G4.

i feel the same as you about truTV, maybe that why D is waiting to the last minute to add it, i watch only show on that network but i can live with in SD

Denial is a great thing isn't it? I guess if you can't watch it, you have to say it is sh!t. I watch it a lot on Dish and the PQ is very good both on the "stretched" programs and the 1080i programs. Much better than any SD channel on DIRECTV. I watch it on a 60" Kuro.

Uhhh ok, whatever you say.. Telling us that an HD feed on Dish is better than an SD feed on Directv isnt saying much..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)