TruTV in HD for the tourney games

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
D has confirmed that all games on TRUTV will be broadcast in HD including pre and post shows. Below is from their twitter account.

Confirmed RT: All NCAA Tournament Games carried on @TruTV will be in HD, including pre/post game coverage.

JerryVolunteer said:
D has confirmed that all games on TRUTV will be broadcast in HD including pre and post shows. Below is from their twitter account.

Confirmed RT: All NCAA Tournament Games carried on @TruTV will be in HD, including pre/post game coverage.

So are they going hd permanently or just for the tourney?

Wow!!!! Just don't get it. So if they can turn it on for the games why can they not leave it on?? Seriously sick of this company.

DirecTV Launching truTV HD In Time For Start Of NCAA Tournament - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal

DirecTV will carry truTV's NCAA men's basketball tournament games in HD under the terms of a deal the satellite operator finalized with Turner Sports yesterday. Sources said DirecTV has committed to launch the HD version of the channel later this year, but is committed to carrying all the tournament games in HD. With about 19 million total subscribers, DirecTV was the biggest distributor who did not have a carriage deal in place for truTV HD.

So if they can turn it on for the games why can they not leave it on??
because the agreement is just for the tourney games.

Also TruTV outside of this is just a stretch-o-vision version of the SD channle

The article did say it will add it in HD full-time later this year after the tournament.

And we all know "later this year" in corporation speak is December 31st at 11:59:59 PM ;)

I think this is a win for D* as they are the sports leader and they are making sure that they appeal to their base by getting them all the games in HD.

I'm amazed and the continuous woe is me posting. A company, who caters to sports fans and does not currently have a certain channel in HD, works out an agreement so fans can see the games in HD. Most of what we see is "if it's not full time I dont care". Sheesh. And DetFan, if you are sick of Directv, the Dish subs would love to have you as a member in their forum...'

Im personally sick of your ridiculous posting.

yep. Most folks wanted TruTV in HD for the tourney games. As noted in numerous posts the rest of the time its stretch-o-vision so its kinda moot. But if they add it after the tourney I wont complain :)

Iceberg said:
because the agreement is just for the tourney games.

Also TruTV outside of this is just a stretch-o-vision version of the SD channle

Not true really and it doesn't matter it looks better than anything we view now on it. It looked quite good on my sisters house in whatever you just called it. Certainly better than the crap they show us now.

Not true really and it doesn't matter it looks better than anything we view now on it. It looked quite good on my sisters house in whatever you just called it. Certainly better than the crap they show us now.

While I havent seen the "HD" version the SD version honestly doesnt look that bad. And I watch enough shows on there :)
And folks have confirmed numerous times that its just a "HD simulcast" of the SD version (aka stretch o vision)

Iceberg said:
While I havent seen the "HD" version the SD version honestly doesnt look that bad. And I watch enough shows on there :)
And folks have confirmed numerous times that its just a "HD simulcast" of the SD version (aka stretch o vision)

Yea we watch it a lot and it doesn't look good only bigger tv's for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)