Trx-1520

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john green

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Georgia
Hey Guys, I have a Toshiba TRX-1520 on the way.$9.99 plus $20.00 shipping.
I think I got a good deal.:D

SWEET box!

I had one but gave it to PSB a while back. Has a UHF remote. I have 2 of the little brothers (TRX-1420) which has IR remote :)

Its a GREAT analog box! I got a better deal (free from Iceberg) as mentioned above!

Will work for ku and C-Band :) (Analog)

I lucked out and got the remote & VC also.I noticed many analog boxes on Ebay don't have either.

Your DVB receiver would control the motor when slaved, the down side being you are stuck on the same polarity as the DVB box (No biggie)

There is A LOT of Ku analog school sports over the winter :hatsoff:

GaryPen said:
Is there much anaolg on Ku? Is it worth it to add an analog box to a Ku setup? Can it just be slaved off of the digital box? Do they have motor control?

lots of sports and news feeds on KU analog

yes you can slave it off the digital box. It gets same polarity as what the DVB box is on

Well I have my TRX-1520 slaved to the Coolsat today.Question-A game in my area listed on WUT says analog TR 13.I am getting it on TR 17.Seems like I have read of this issue in the past.Picture is not very good either but some of the others look great.Any ideas ?

C Band or KU?

My C-Band stuff is bang on (C-Band analog the frequencies are the same across the board)
KU is different especially SBS6

Ice-KU is my problem.C band analog looks great on my fixed 10 footer on G16.
Officer Optical-I am having some fun with it today checking out football.If my memory is still working you are not a huge sports fan.I am sure I will be playing with this all weekend.I will let you know what else is up there.

john
If you have a standard LNB (looks like you do) it should be fine

Maybe you have to fine tune the frequencies. I know on my TRX1420 there was some setting up I had to do a while back on KU. There is an option to chnge what type of KU you use. I think mine said SBS6

Good deal...thanks.

I'm not a big sports fan, but I do like to find new things. I guess what I need to do is get a C band dish, just not sure where I'd put the sucker!

Ice said it...too bad you aren't a big sports fan. KU analog worked great for me yesterday! Big WVU fan...SBS6 had my game and the Tenn-Cal game as well! Whoo Hoo! I love this stuff! I haven't missed a NFL game I wanted to watch either! These feeds are definately a poor man's Sunday Ticket!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts