Trying to avoid CSR difficulties

jose44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2004
I buy my old parents in another town Dish Network each year, and I have for years. It's in their name. My brother lives in the basement with them to help out, and is on the same subscription, but he has a separate life. All told, they have 3 Dish receivers in the house.

I have just discovered the joys of a DVR at my house, and I would like for them to be able to get DVR's too. As I read the website, it looks like they can't have 625's, but maybe can have 522's. But the website is not 100% clear on it. Name-based recording sounds essential for them, as they aren't tech spring chickens.

I would hate to call and get a less-than-ideal CSR who doesn't know what can be done for them, so I hope someone here can advise me on what can be done to get 2 DVR's into that house, so I can work with the CSR's more effectively.

Thanks in advance.

You could be eligible for a 522 if you lease the receiver from Dish and you can even buy a 501 or 508 for like 149.00 or 199.00. No fees on the 501 or 508 . Of course there would be a dvr fee on the 522 if you don't sub to AEP. Also on the 522 you will get an access fee if you don't hook up the receiver to a phone line.

You could also just buy the dvr out right from the www.dishstore.com and www.dishdepot.com . Mark at Dishdepot will let you trade in your old receivers for credit toward the new receivers and NO tax if you live outside of Florida . You can buy a 625 dvr wich replaces the 522 and has video on demand movies, for 349.00 and the 522 for 319.00.

NBR isnt exactly for the technological disadvanteged, it takes a few moves to get to it and requires the use of all direction keys and the select key and correct spelling. The biggest disadvantage to it is that if you put in a search string such as CSI it will bring back every CSI show both on cbs, upn, spike, and where ever else it is showing on syndication.

CSR roulette is in your future...

Here's an idea that should help. Don't even MENTION that this is for anyone buy yourself. That will f**k up the whole thing, they'll think you're adding boxes to your account at another house, which you'll try your hardest to re-explain, to no avail.

Call up with their account information, pretend to be your dad and try to get the DVR's added. I'm also not sure why you don't think you can have 625's, but NBR probably isn't the solution for anyone who doesn't know what they're doing. They'll have 30 episodes of "Golden Girls" on there before they know it...=)>

Just remember, if you get a bad CSR, just say "i've changed my mind, thank you for your time" and hang up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)