Trying to decide if I'm being rational

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I would say you are being extremely rational as you are questioning whether the value you are receiving is worth the price you are paying. I say good luck with OTA and enjoy the extra commercial-free, pop-up free, bug free free time you are going to gain.

I never understood all the "Stop the unfair Satellite taxes" channels but feel fortunate that the 'Peoples Republic of Illinois' haven't gotten around to it yet.

Taxes

Sales Tax: 1.48
TN Satellite Programming Tax: 15.74 (this is what many states are adding that is unfair and needs to be stopped)

TOTAL TXX on month's bill: $17.22

I live in TN and get no tax like that, the most I pay in taxes for Satellite is maybe $3.00 or 4 bucks. I need to investigate.

If I were single and had OTA available, I would probably do exactly what you're doing. It's at least worth trying for a month or so. I think the only thing that I would miss are some sporting events that are only broadcast on regional sports networks (like Fox Sports West here in California).

Something no one else has mentioned is that you can watch a bunch of cable programming online at hulu.com. I believe there's also a site called surfthechannels.com or something like that. Plus, there's always torrents.

Does D* still let you suspend service? If you did that for a month, then it would be no hassle whatsoever to go back if you decided to keep the service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)