Trying to do my homework before switching to Dish

Are splitters also an issue w/ the H3? Currently the DTv sat feed splits with this, running to the HR44 & C61.

IMG_0393.JPG

Are splitters also an issue w/ the H3? Currently the DTv sat feed splits with this, running to the HR44 & C61.

View attachment 142219
No splitters can be in the cable to the H3 between the LNBF and the Hopper 3, itself, other than a Hybrid Tap which only serves to "relocate" the connections of the Hub to another location away from the Hub itself.

Reactions: charlesrshell
No signal to the Hopper.

You said MoCA! The Hopper does not need a Joey nor MoCA to operate. I believe there is some type of frequency-dependent separator that splits off the MoCA signal, leaving the hybrid bandstacked signal from the LNB intact and not interfering with an OTA signal. Like the good ol' days. :D

You said MoCA! The Hopper does not need a Joey nor MoCA to operate. I believe there is some type of frequency-dependent separator that splits off the MoCA signal, leaving the hybrid bandstacked signal from the LNB intact and not interfering with an OTA signal. Like the good ol' days. :D
Well, perhaps I misspoke, but the only thing that can interrupt the cable from LNB to Hopper is a Hub or a Hub and a tap. Otherwise, the Hopper will have no signal.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, perhaps I misspoke, but the only thing that can interrupt the cable from LNB to Hopper is a Hub or a Hub and a tap. Otherwise, the Hopper will have no signal.

The tap! That is what I was referring to. It splits out the MoCA signal that partly blocks the OTA signal, leaving the line from the hybrid LNB free of interference to that OTA signal. Now, if diplexers cannot be placed in that line (LNB side) without interrupting the LNB signal, then you can't do what I am proposing. But I claim they can be. No, I have not tried this.

Amazon product ASIN B00KLEM7HE

The tap! That is what I was referring to. It splits out the MoCA signal that partly blocks the OTA signal, leaving the line from the hybrid LNB free of interference to that OTA signal. Now, if diplexers cannot be placed in that line (LNB side) without interrupting the LNB signal, then you can't do what I am proposing. But I claim they can be. No, I have not tried this.

Amazon product ASIN B00KLEM7HE

The tap passes both MoCA and the satellite signal to the Hopper. It strips out the satellite signal on the client line.

I've never tried what you're proposing but I've got a hunch that there might be some control signals being passed on the low frequencies like the SWM control on DirecTV which OTA might get in the way of.

Two more attempts to get through to a more knowledgeable person at my local dealer. The same girl I’d spoken with when I went in last week, returned my call today. I repeated my questions about the OTA and she informed me they could do it, but it wouldn’t change the price. I politely corrected her - fortunately she didn’t get an attitude, tried to remove the local channel charge and, of course, the monthly price dropped by $12.
I’m about to the point I’m going to have to do something so that the order and the install will go through before I have to cancel DTv on the 23rd.

If I just go for locals over sat to get it done, can I cancel it anytime?

Thinking of going with an RCA yagi in the attic with some creative coax routing to the H3. But getting all that done myself probably isn’t happing until after the holidays.

Two more attempts to get through to a more knowledgeable person at my local dealer. The same girl I’d spoken with when I went in last week, returned my call today. I repeated my questions about the OTA and she informed me they could do it, but it wouldn’t change the price. I politely corrected her - fortunately she didn’t get an attitude, tried to remove the local channel charge and, of course, the monthly price dropped by $12.
I’m about to the point I’m going to have to do something so that the order and the install will go through before I have to cancel DTv on the 23rd.

If I just go for locals over sat to get it done, can I cancel it anytime?

Thinking of going with an RCA yagi in the attic with some creative coax routing to the H3. But getting all that done myself probably isn’t happing until after the holidays.
You can drop and re-add them anytime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)