Trying to establish home network

Melgem

Original poster
Sep 22, 2011
Washington
I'm trying to set-up a wired connection for streaming from a wireless connection in another room. I am using the SlingLink Turbo HomePlug ethernet cable to connect from my Qwest wireless modem and the HomePlug is plugged directly into the wall. This is the west facing wall of our home which our DISH service is also plugged into but in another room. I have an ethernet cable plugged from the back of the 722 DISH unit (which I have found it says it has a built in Homeplug) into Dynex DX-E402 router. From the router I have another ethernet cable going from it to our Samsung BD player C5500. So the hookup is like this ( > indicates ethernet cable connection):
Internet (wireless desktop PC in another room) but wired through ethernet connect to HomePlug > DISH 722 HomePlug (built-in) > Router > BD player which has Internet@TV which should allow for accessing netflix etc.

I actually have made some progress in the connectivity of things. I know it's probably just simpler to get a receiver/dogle but I wonder if I have what I need right here without it. When looking at setup for Internet@TV through the player, the connections are good for MAC (though the MAC number showing on the Network test of the BD player is different than the one on the router) also good for the IP address and Gateway Ping but it gets hung up on the Internet Service Test and it says HTTP port is blocked could be the firewall. I tried shutting down the firewall momentarily but it didn't seem to help and it didn't help once back on again. Do I need to set-up the router via my PC first and from there open the port? Samsung in no help and I have looked on forums for the BD player, the router and others. Any ideas would be helpful. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)