Trying to find 119 but 118 takes over!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

djnbig

Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
canada
Ive been trying to get 119 for days now but 118 just wont allow it. A guy at a local shop said, if you have 118, you have 119, but that just isnt the case.

the setup is just a single dish with a single lnb. just want 119 only.

any tips?

thx.

118.7 is a FSS satellite 119 is a DBS satellite they operate at different frequencies and signal strengths. A FSS satellite is weaker and needs a larger dish than a DBS. You have a different problem than you think how about a description of your problem.

w w w.satellite-depot.net/servlet/the-220/SNAP-118.7ºW-and-119ºW/Detail

This is the LNB he sold me and I cannot find 119 with it. Only 118 shows up period. not sure where to go with this.

thx.

A combined 118.7-119º Legacy LNB has a frequency range from 11.7 to 12.7 GHz vs 12.2 to 12.7 GHz for a normal LNB, and a LO frequency of 10,750 MHz vs 11,250 MHz for a normal LNB.
They use it for FTA receivers, where they can adjust the LO frequency, but it will not work with a subscribed receiver.
You need the original DishPro LNB for 118/119.

So technically this LNB would work with an FTA receiver for both 118 and 119 BUT not both at the same time as the settings for the LNB need to be adjusted. Not that I would be using an FTA receiver to obtain signal from these birds but i'm just trying to understand the situation.

This would also be why when I try to use this LNB with a model 3100 ird it will only see 118 because I cant adjust the LNB settings to grab 119. Im on the right track here?

thx guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts