Trying to get Nasa channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
I'm trying to get the Nasa channel with no luck. I noticed that the TP 12370 R isn't showing on my Captive Works tp list. When I tried to add the tp, it only allows for V or H polarity. How do I make it R? I'm still learning this fta stuff so please bear with me. Thanks

You need a DBS (old Dish or Direct) LNB to get NASA :)

LO 11250
DBS is circular polarity so I remember "RV"

R=V
L=H

Das Hammer said:
I don't think you can select R. Just try one or the other. One of them should work.

BTW: More NASA channels are available on C band FTA on AMC6.

I don't have C band so that's not an option at least for now.

Iceberg said:
You need a DBS (old Dish or Direct) LNB to get NASA :)

LO 11250
DBS is circular polarity so I remember "RV"

R=V
L=H

So if I got an old Dish or Direct lnb, should I tape it to my existing lnb, or do I need a dual lnb holder? Also, will my Captive Works receiver work with the Dish lnb?

Sorry if I don't reply right away. I'm on dialup so I don't stay online too long. I'll check back later. Thanks for the info.

A DBS LNB will work with ANY receiver, just change the L.O. to 11250

You can tape or better still use a hose clamp to attach a DBS LNB to your linear KU LNB.

Even better get the Invacom QPH-031 that will do both C and L, it has 2 circular and 2 linear outputs!

Last edited:
Do the linear lnb's reject circular signals so well that you can't pick them up? I've run full scans and picked up channel info, but of course no the channels for what was probably circular signals, as they had the $ sign in front of them and were nagra encrypted. So I'm thinking that something gets thru a linear lnb. I think my problem with Nasa channel is trying to figure out how to configure the settings as I have a universal lnb.

I'll have to go to lyngsat and see which satellite it is on as I've forgotten.

I sometimes use a LINEAR LNBF to pick up circular signals on 119w (NASA)
It will work for some DBS satellites and not others depending on any STRONG adjacent satellites (And where you are in the country).

Works for me on 119w but not on on 110w (GOL) !

satisfied

You can put the DBS LNB next to your KU band. Hopefully you have a Diseqc switch handy :)

I use hose clamps (can get them for a couple bucks or less at a hardware store)

PSB said:
I sometimes use a LINEAR LNBF to pick up circular signals on 119w

Works for me on 119w but not on on 110w (GOL) !

Hey Pete when you get a chance list Freq, Pol,and SR.
From what I understand you are picking up Nasa or is it GOL TV.

I can pickup GOL tv with my SNH-031 , I just hardly go to DBS sats cause I figure I'm not using proper LNB anyways.

I'll check my numbers for GOL Tv and post them here in a little bit.

I get NASA but not GOL TV when using a LINEAR LNBF, the Freq. / Pol. / SR for NASA are as listed on lyngsat.

http://www.lyngsat.com/echo7.html

The circular side of the QPH-031 is a DBS LNB, so you have the right LNB for both NASA and GOL TV. (119 / 110)

Iceberg said:
satisfied

You can put the DBS LNB next to your KU band. Hopefully you have a Diseqc switch handy :)

I use hose clamps (can get them for a couple bucks or less at a hardware store)

Ok, then. I have plenty of screw clamps and I can get an old Direct tv lnb, and I have a diseqc switch. Looks like I'm in bidniz. Now I have something to do on Saturday. Thanks for all the feedback.

SATisfied said:
Ok, then. I have plenty of screw clamps and I can get an old Direct tv lnb, and I have a diseqc switch. Looks like I'm in bidniz. Now I have something to do on Saturday. Thanks for all the feedback.

Just make sure to turn off the reciever (with the switch in back) when you start working on it as to not fry the switch :)

OK I'm 2 Slowwwwww

ok heres my info for GOL tv on 110.0 west
Freq: 12.341
Pol : V
SR : 20.000

will scan in twice, 1 English audio, 1 Spanish audio.

I use USALS, but I have to go to Disecq 1.2 and move it a tad west to get a strong signal.

nah you aint slow...I just remember that one by heart (its one of the few free Dish channels that HASNT moved transponders ina while) :)

SATisfied said:
I don't have C band so that's not an option at least for now.

AMC6 is one satellite that an undersized reflector might work okay on. If you look at lyngsat you'll notice that most of the satellites near it are Ku only except for Brasilsat B1 and B2 and those are probably not beamed at north america. So, it might be interesting to try a C Band LNB on a small dish for Nasa TV as interference from adjacent sats might not be an issue here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts