trying to get new microhd working.

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
i'm trying to keep this basic. I have an old microhd and a new microhd received last week. my testing setup is only changing from the old microhd to the new microhd. I am testing with my south satellite, 97w. both usals are set to the same location. 097.47w and 41.42n. both userdb are loaded from the same flashdrive. a new sl1pll is installed on the 1.2 dish from satav. a dg480 motor is installed. now to the test.

old micro hd. deleted all channels. set dish on 97w. deleted all tp's. blind scanned normal and came up with 220 channels.

new microhd. deleted all channels. set dish on 97w. deleted all tp's. blind scanned normal and came up with 91 channels. only vertical channel was sprout, which scanned in as dvb-s2. I could not get 12177. it appears all horizontal tp's are good but there were only three vertical tp's. 12121, 11921 and 12041.

am I missing something in setting this microhd up? which tests should I do now? thanks, charlie

Last edited:
#12. Sounds like a faulty switch or incorrect menu setting. What are the switch settings in the install menu before scanning?
I think you mean the installation menu. then I go to the antenna setup menu. the switch settings are 22k on for k band, 22k off for c band. k band satellites are set to usals. c band satellites are set to diseqc 1.2.

#14. Also, try bypassing the motor controller and the HH motor and connect only to the 22KHz switch and the two LNBFs. Still have an issue?
bypassed v box. ran different cable from ecoda 22k switch to lnb. deleted all channels and then scanned 97w, k band. came up with 89 channels on 97w, all h, and 17 channels from 99w, c band where the 6' is pointed at. all of the c band channels were vertical. no vertical channels came up on the k band 97w.

2. What are the switch settings for both satellites in the menu?
97w, k band: lnb lo 10750, 22k on, usals
99w c band: lnb lo 5150, 22k off, diseqc 1.2

3. What happens if the motor and switch are both bypassed?
had a normal scan on 97w, k band. c band now unavailable.

4. What happens if the motor is bypassed, but the switch is in-line?
answered in #14 above?

5. What happens if the motor is in-line, but the switch is bypassed?
scan of 97w k band is normal, 220 channels found. however, c band is not available.

charlie

Factory reset the receiver and connect through the switch. Don't load your custom channel file and see if it scans correct.

Have you tried a different 22KHz switch? Might be a defective STB, but I would first test with another switch.

i have the same results scanning 97w k band as before the factory reset. verified that i have the latest version of firmware for the stb. the horizontal channels for 97w k band and the vertical channels for 99w c band.

then i scanned 99w c band. i got 35 channels, the 17 vertical channels and then 18 horizontal channels. then i tried to move the dish to 95w. the 6' dish would not move. i disconnected the new microhd and hooked up the old microhd. then i had movement from the 6' dish. changed back to the new microhd. now i do not have movement from the dish in the antenna setup menu. charlie

[QUOTE=chaskuchar;3279927new microhd. deleted all channels. set dish on 97w. deleted all tp's. blind scanned normal and came up with 91 channels. only vertical channel was sprout, which scanned in as dvb-s2. I could not get 12177. it appears all horizontal tp's are good but there were only three vertical tp's. 12121, 11921 and 12041.

Unless its a misprint,
TP 12041 does not appear on my S9
TP 11921 does not appear on my S9

TP 12121 is H on my S9.

What happens if you replace the new SP1PLL LNB with the old LNB and rescan?
Also just a thought perhaps the 22khz signal is messing with the new SP1PLL LNB.

Did you also save your same motor positions used from your original MicroHD receiver for C-band for the various sats in the new receiver? If you didn't, that would explain why there's no motor movement

I was doing a new setup per titanium. I was choosing the satellites and then setting their positions. usals was no problem. it moved ok. then I chose 95w and 99w in the c band. however, using the antenna setup page, I was unable to move the dish east or west. I usually use position 17 for 95w and 19 for 99w. diseqc 1.2 was set. 5150 lnb lo, and 22k off. I changed back to the old microhd from the main tv and moved it out to the garage where I want a good receiver to replace the s9 I have working there. the s9 is working fine but I like the microhd a little better. the rest of the day I got my ws99 out and lined up the 6' dish. I am now receiving 50w to 137w except for a few birds inbetween. working on 55.5w right now. the 22k ecoda switch is not interfering with my setting up satellites now. charlie

Is the power disconnected from the new microHD for a few seconds after doing the factory reset?

DiSEqC 1.2 settings for the new microHD must to be set using one of these two ways:

a. Use the G-box to move to position 17
b. In new microHD Install menu, select satellite C 95w G3c
c. Set the menu's motor type to DiSEqC 1.2
d. Set the position number to 17
e. Save
f. Use the G-box to move to position 19
g. Select satellite C 99w G16
h. Set the menu's motor type to DiSEqC 1.2
i. Set the position number to 19
j. Save

Or

Disconnect the new microHD from the G-box controller and program as described above but skipping steps a and f. Then connect the new microHD back up to the G-box Controller.

yes, I always disconnect the power after doing a factory reset. I used the vbox to move the dish to the proper position on the old microhd. I could not use the new microhd to move the dish to the proper position. one test I haven't done yet is eliminating the ecoda 22k switch and trying to move the 6' dish with the vbox. I will try that today. I did move the new microhd to the main tv. i will test it there today if i can get the tv away from my wife... charlie

The steps in my last post must be followed to sync the DiSEqC 1.2 motor positions between an unprogrammed receiver and a device with existing saved DiSEqC 1.2 positions.

There is a DiSEqC 1.2 FAQ somewhere on the site that explains this sync process better.

step #1 does not move the dish when I have the antenna setup page opened, diseqc 1.2 is chosen and I try to move the dish either east or west. I sit in the garage looking at the dish as I try to control it. this is only with the new microhd. I don't have this problem with the s9. I don't have this problem with the azbox. I don't have this problem with the old microhd. however, I have a new problem with the old microhd. I will open a new thread on this problem. charlie

step #1 does not move the dish when I have the antenna setup page opened, diseqc 1.2 is chosen and I try to move the dish either east or west. I sit in the garage looking at the dish as I try to control it.

Let me rephrase steps 1a and 1f:

1. a. Select Motor Position #17 with the G-box controller (not the new receiver) to move the dish.

Are you saying that the G-box controller does not move the motor to position #17 (satellite C 95w G3c)?

1. f.
Select Motor Position #19 with the G-box controller (not the new receiver) to move the dish.

Are you saying that the G-box controller does not move the motor to position #19 (satellite C 99w G16)?

titanium, I can move the antenna with the Vbox. I also have a Gbox on the 8' antenna. when I take the new microhd it moves the antenna properly, well almost properly. when I wanted to move it from 95w to 125w, it stopped in the transition. selected 135w and it moved to 135w, then selected 125w and it moved properly. when I scan kband I don't get cband channels. when I took the old microhd and hooked it up to the Vbox feeding the endoda sw that feeds the 1.2 satav or the 6' sadoun I can move the antenna properly, I can scan the 1.2 kband without getting the channels from the 6' cband. I am ready to get another microhd and give this microhd to whoever wants it. charlie

I still think it is a set-up/configuration issue, but this thread has gone nowhere with troubleshooting.

Why not contact Satellite AV and arrange an RMA for bench testing? You could have a quick answer and likely a solution.

here is more information. the new microhd moves the gbox properly. I just changed it to the vbox and 6'. it moved the dish properly but still had the configuration for the gbox and the 8'. so went to 99w and had to square it up on the signal. then deleted all transponders and rescanned. it scanned ok but this is the crazy thing. I cannot move the dish from 99w. before I deleted the transponders I saved allcode.dbs. reloaded the allcode.dbs and now I can move the dish again. this really has me stumped. charlie

i really got down to the basics with both my microhd's. both were factory reset. only satellite was 99.2w.

procedure: factory reset. turn off unit. unplug for 10 seconds. plug back in. add 99.2w c band in satellites. go to antenna setup. go to west < save > east, try to move the dish east or west. old micro moves the dish. new micro does not move the dish.

i checked information and both microhds show the same information. 13-6-26 firmware on both units. new microhd serial# 1212000733.

On the Micro that doesn't move the motor, go to the menu and CLEAR East and West limits. Don't say you didn't set them, so why should I. Sometimes they get set all by themselves. Just try it, and let's see what happens. Once you do this, see if it'll then move the motor.

If not, send it back to SatAv, for getting checked out.

did as you suggested, could not move the dish except in different circumstances. I can load an abs file and move the dish until I make some changes in the configuration by going to west<save>east. but then I can go to showing a channel, highlight the channels, move east or west to the next satellite, move back to the satellite that doesn't move, then go to antenna setup and see if I can move east or west and it moves. however, if I select the satellite list and choose a satellite, the dish says it is moving, but the dish doesn't move. very strange. anyway, changed satellite receivers to my azbox premium hd and realized why I had it sitting on the shelf. it is so slow to scan and move etc. had to remember how to control it all over. however, I don't have any problems moving the dish with it. will call satav and try to get an rma to get this unit checked out. my suspicions are that the pulses from the receiver to the vbox are not quite right. for example when I move the dish from 135w to 99w, the signal is not there but the dish moves almost to the place it should be at. then I move the dish to 97w and back to 99w and the channels come in properly. I didn't have that problem with the old microhd.
thanks for the help, charlie.
titanium, when are your c band lnbf's going to be available? interested in testing them. thanks, charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)