trying to get new microhd working.

I'm going to make a suggestion here on the "unplug" step on these Micro HDs. I do this on computers all the time to clear the charge in capacitors on the motherboard but what I've found is that there's a big variation on how fast the capacitors will bleed off their charge once that plug is pulled. I've found that if I unplug the computer then hit the Power ON button those capacitors will bleed off in a second or so as the power and HDD LEDs will blink when it does that. So next time you do the "unplug" step on a Micro HD, push the power on button and see if you get the LED blink with it also.

After reading this thread I see that X2 I had isn't the only receiver having dish moving problems.

BTW people, where is Mike Kohl when you need him? He's been MIA now for over a month??? :confused:

finally got the microhd working well. I finally called satav and Eugene listened to my describe the problem. he said the 'channel list' was probably corrupted and reload the firmware from the satellite. did that and now the microhd is working like it is supposed to. moving the c band dish like a charm. btw, a scan now of 97w k band has 247 channels. I only had 227 on the s9. glad to have the microhd back. charlie

The additional channels are from ViewSat UK. It has only been in the past 1 to 2 weeks that they started broadcasting on a brand new transponder on G19 :)

well, the new microhd stopped moving the cband dish again. called satav and talked to Eugene. he said try the factory reset again. I did save the positions etc and after the reset, loaded them back in. now the microhd is moving the dish again. charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)