Trying to get PAS3R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

topoli

Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
hi
recently i am trying to put up 43W pas3R.
I am in montreal ,i have no connection at all with this sat .i am trying to catch Italian channels FROM IT .
according to lyng sat i am in 40 .42 zone .I bought 37 to 39 inch dish ,i am using FSKU4V UNIVERSAL QUAD LNBF.
is my lnb a right one .
what can i do to catch it .elevation is 29.51 according to lyng sat

Last edited:
According to sadoun's list, for Montreal the numbers should be
30 elevation
155 azimuth
-26.6 skew

I know those are hard for me to get in Minnesota (of course I think the dish is too small)

The LNB should work. All you need is a KU LNB

i think i have some obstruction .it just doesn't give me reception but now another thing came up.
intelsat 9 at 58 W also has that spazio italia series which are some package of italian channels but TP is 4 digit ,does that mean it is c band .
and another thing is they are not marked F for free ,it says irdeto2.
in my reciever i only have irdeto one and where do i get irdeto keys if i can catch this bird .thanx

intelsat 9 at 58 W also has that spazio italia series which are some package of italian channels but TP is 4 digit ,does that mean it is c band .
and another thing is they are not marked F for free ,it says irdeto2.
in my reciever i only have irdeto one and where do i get irdeto keys if i can catch this bird .thanx

Yes it's C-band

Irdeto Keys = FORGET ABOUT IT

Just keep trying to get the italian channels on PAS 3R.
Possibly you can move dish to another location that has better Line Of Sight.

ice berg 43W from where i am or how i have put it up is practically impossible.
how about 58 W .that too with the same dish 36 inch installed in the same spot which i think is a problem gave no reception
except 91 % on top and 0 % in the bottom
1- i think i should remove the dish to another spot
2- i am not too familiar with thew set up for 58 w

-universal LNB
13/18 or 14/19
SW =off
LNB type set to ?

Thiose Italian channels on PAS9 (58W) are C-Band. Need a different LNB and a larger dish (6 foot or so). The only thing on KU Band is Cubavision

58w Cubavision requires a universal lnb... make sure you have universal, not standard if you go for it. 43w has pretty weak signals, so if you do get something, maybe try tweaking...?

30w has a much stronger signal, at least for me than 43w does... and 30w does have several foreign things on it.. maybe not exactly what you are after, but hey, it's free tv! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts