Trying to get Service With Voom

AllenM

Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Seattle Area
Background on the problem:

I ordered Voom on 12/12/2004, with a promised installation date of 12/23/2004 between 8 a.m. and Noon (pacific time). This was to be a Christmas present for my wife since we have been in our new house without cable/tv for 3 months).

On 12/22/2004 I called VOOM CSRs and found that there had been an "issue" and they had been working on resolving it for 10 days, but no phone call to me or an email (and they had both). I was promised a call back from one of the supervisors that night. (never happened) A second account was opened and again failed to create and recognize the work order in the 'doli' system. I asked about a manual work around and was told that none exists.

On 12/23/2004 I had more conversations and more promises of returned phone calls before end of day. I phoned late that evening and again was told it had been escalated to 'corporate' and given a fairly sizeable credit to my account. Then I was told it would take 72 hours from initial escalation on 12/22/2004 to get any response from Corporate.

On 12/27/2004 I called in again. No information available and the problem was reescalated to corporate with another promise of a phone call explaining what was going on before end of day. Nothing. I just got off of the phone with a CSR and there is still nothing that can be found.

After looking around at the products available in the satellite arena, I think that VOOM has an outstanding offering, but I am not convinced it is worth the headache that I have gone through to date and the headaches many others have gone through after they got it installed.

The CSR at VOOM suggested I come here and seek out a person by the name of Will to see if he might be of some service.

Any thoughts from anyone? :eek:

Call Installs Inc. and asked for client service they should be able to help you better than a regular csr call 1-800-987-3474 and ask them to speak client services.

just called the number and got a recording to call another number to talk with exciting people nationwide. Are there certain hours of the day that I can get ahold of Installs Inc at the above number?

AllenM said:
just called the number and got a recording to call another number to talk with exciting people nationwide. Are there certain hours of the day that I can get ahold of Installs Inc at the above number?

Yeah i am sorry they are closed right now you can call first thing in the morning until 11;00 i think they open at 7:00 in the morning. Sorry again i forgot they were close now.

Voom should of given you the name of the company coming out to do your install. Also you should either get an email or call from the installer the night before your install. I would call voom and get the installer's name and call them to follow up on your install.

AllenM---the person 'Will' that they mentioned is actually Wilt Hildenbrand, and he is an engineer who is an officer of the company, I believe a VP. He has helped many people with installations, and gets things done. You can reach him through e-mail at wilth@optonline.net.

Jimmykce1 - thanks for the advice - a little more info I had the install companies name, but they would not give me their number. Evidently the problem is that the 'doli' install system that Installs Inc uses does not pull up the work order numbers that are generated by VOOMs sales system.

Stone Man - thanks for the additional information. I will give that a shot. I am not sure that the service will be worth the effort that it takes to get it installed, we'll see as I really would like the increased HDTV capabilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)