This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trying to hit Anik F1 (107.3)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CraptorMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
Just got my all my FTA equipment (Sg-2100, SonicView 8000, Invacom qph-031) and having no success lining up on my true south sat Anik F1 (or any other for that matter) using 107.3 (AnikF1)-11902 H 5859 or 11912 H 5859 from Iceberg's "I need a strong transponder to aim my dish" post. I'm sure the elevation angle for the motor is correct but the 36" dish was given to me and I don't know how accurate the elevation scale on it is. I guess my main question for now is if the listed transponders are live. Should I be able to pick these up today. I'm guessing the crappy elevation scale on the dish is my problem. Thanks for any info.

I'll see if I can find anything live on it for you shortly, if my motor setting hasn't changed for that sat! Two good thunderstorm,windstorms overnight here, 3am and 945am so I hope nothing moved....

EDIT > only active TP I could get on a blindscan was 11933H 5858 3/4fec
v308 a256 got a frozen pic of something , maybe HD signal or 4.2.2
but viewsat logs it in with a pretty strong signal. Try that one....

If it is the Fortec Star 31" dish, the elevation scale is probably about 5 degrees off.

My dish elevation is supposed to be 24 but I have to use 29 to get anything.

Blind Scan of that sat gave : 11903,919,934,941,950 -H- 5859 11919 H 5859 has color bar and 90percent quality.

I didn't think there was any dvb stuff on that bird. DC-2 Star choice tp's but like the above poster said - you need a star choice box like a dsr-410 etc.

If you had c-band there is some tp's you could lock.

Thanks everyone. It did turn out to be a goofy elevation scale. Now I just need to tweak everything. I did have one question. Is the PBS HD still on AMC3. Can seem to pick this up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.