Trying To Install DVR522

stazybo

Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Northern California
Ok, I'll just throw it out.
I've moved in with my girlfriend who has a single tuner rcvr a dp301 I believe. I want to set my DVR522 up. I must have left behind any diplexers or separators that I had before.

Do I need to get a pro out here? I am not compleatly ignant, with some guidance I should be able to get this thing to work, eh?

What do I need?

You could do a movers connect to your girlfriends house, and a tech will come out and do whatever is needed to get you up and running. If she has just a 301 receiver, chances are the dish may need a different LNB to make your 522 work with just one cable.
If your girlfriend isn't under contract, just cancel hers. No sense in both of you paying full price for service.

The dish is a 500 Twin.
Was set up for two rcvrs on either end of the house, so I'm thinking it may work, no?
I tried connecting my 522 by running a cable from the other room for the 2nd tuner.
Ran check switch - no signal on 2 and only sat110 on 1
Maybe I'll have to get a tech

Here we go:

You said that the original installation in your girlfriend's house was made for 2 receiver. and she hasa a 301.

Well, to get the 522 running with only 1 cable, you need a dpp separator connected to the 522 and a twin dpp lnbf in the dish. \

If the installation was made with a twin dp then you need two cables from the lnbf to the receiver to port named SAT 1 and SAT 2, with no dpp separator.
??
Any question......?

the cost to purchase the dpp twin lnb you need on the dish is not worth it, when dish will come out for free (with a lease signing) and put one on for you. but if you really want to do it, search ebay for dpp twin lnbf.
otherwise the 500 twin that you have will need both lines run out of it to your dvr alone, and you wont be able to use the 301. technically, you could just run a line back to the 301 location and use it as tv2, removing the 301. but you'll still need both lines from the dish run to the 522.

Used DPP Twins are around $15 and separators around $5. I'd do it myself to save the commitment.

Used DPP Twins are around $15 and separators around $5. I'd do it myself to save the commitment.
u also could use the 2 exsiting lines to the 522 then run 1 line from the 522 into another rume for 2nd tv.

New software upgrade from 119

Eventual free upgrade to HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts