Trying to set a timer

kpip99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
Something weird is going on. When I try to set timer to record a college football game on Saturday from 2:30 to 6:00 on abc a window pops up that says attention 531 please wait while we search for events that match your request. That win do stays up for a good few minutes then goes away and it doesn't set a timer to record that game. Everything else I try to record on that day on other channels and that channel at other times and it works fine but for some reason it will not record my game. Any ideas ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1410472900.154939.jpg

Then just now I went into game finder and tried to record it that way and got this message
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1410473069.435483.jpg

Yeah I don't see any way it could be blacked out. It's regional abc. But I guess stranger things have happened.

That was just a guess. Will it let you set up any other games from the same division. Ie pac12 big ten etc.

Well the only other big 12 game on abc is during prime time and I have my PTAT on so I assume it will. There is a game on abc before my game and it says teams TBA. I set it to record that game and it worked perfect but don't know what teams it is yet.

What sucks is I'll be at the game but always record when we play on tv so I won't be able to manually push the record button once the game starts to see if that works. I guess I could try and record it right after it starts from my dish anywhere app. Maybe that will work. Will keep ya posted

I like to break down game film so to speak when I get home after the game. Lol.

lol. Niiiice. Idea just occurred. What if you try to set a wierd manual timer. Not sure of the guide has it set 2:30 to 6(I think that's what you put) try doing a manual timer from like 2:15-7.

You magnificent genius it worked. I haven't had dish or the hopper for very long and didn't even know you could do that ( set a timer to just record a certain channel for a certain amount of time instead of setting timer to record a program ). Thanks for the help.

No problem. Same thing though. Let us know what happens when it does record. I'm curious just if it's blacked out(like you said, crazier things have happened)

Recorded the game just fine. Had to delete pretty quick though due to the outcome. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)