TRYING TO SET UP A PORTABLE DISH FOR RV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jkaehler

Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
I am adding a dish to use in my RV. I was given an 18" round dish with an Eagle DTV32+. The lady who gave it to me cut the cord coming out of the dish. It is a two wire white wire. Can I just put a coax cord connector on each side of the white cord with a joiner and run the cord to a receiver?

jkaehler

You have a number of issues. First off you SHOULD be able to put a connector and then use a barrel to get you to the receiver, BUT it might be a cleaner/stronger signal if you do a little disassembly and run an uncut cable to the receiver. If you use the "search" feature of this forum you'll find a lot of info about tailgating and camping with a portable rig. :cool:

Yeah, that is a good idea. Can a connector and cord be hooked up to both sides of the white cord? if I dont redo the wiring, which I actually think in the long run would be a good idea.

OK. I took it apart. The wire is split at the LNB and is connected to two separate connections. Can I run two separate lines to two of my receivers?

Your description is a little bit confusing.
That dish has a dual output LNB. There should be no splitting involved.
So it will support two receivers.

Thanks for the reply. I had suspected that was the case, that it would support two receivers. I tried getting it going last night, but I was unable to get a signal, not sure if there is something wrong with the dish or what. I did get into the menu on the receiver and there is no signal. My next step is to remove the old cords and run new cords into LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts