Trying to stream video from Amiko Mini HD SE to Windows

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will try MPC player.

*UPDATE*

Well, i actually took a look at the binary TS file that big2small amiko server sent to me. It was padded with 0's and 3F's. So, that would be the reason it didn't play. So, i didn't mock something up perfectly because the stream didn't have anything in it to play. Ill also do a clean reboot on the amiko just to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Reactions: N6BY
I GOT IT! CataMount suggested MPC, and MPC plays the raw stream. I also found a stupid bug in my RTSP client i wrote. I corrected that, I am correctly writing the stream contents and sucessfully played it on MPC player. I will post further results. It does NOT appear that MPC plays internet streams. Only files...

Now this is getting exciting!! :)

I will try MPC player.

*UPDATE*

Well, i actually took a look at the binary TS file that big2small amiko server sent to me. It was padded with 0's and 3F's. So, that would be the reason it didn't play. So, i didn't mock something up perfectly because the stream didn't have anything in it to play. Ill also do a clean reboot on the amiko just to make sure that wasn't the issue.
Very nice! Could you send me the TS file, or a link to it? Thanks.

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!! Forget the TS file, i was able to stream it LIVE to SMPLAYER. It supports UDP Unicast with out any headers. Let me do a few more tests, but I think i got this thing LICKED!

:clapping

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium and N6BY
Okay, I bring all good news. I have been streaming the video now for 5 minutes straight. I found out the Amiko server stops sending stream data if i don't send it a ping so to speak. So, every 10 seconds, i send a OPTIONS command. I also added the TEARDOWN message and the amiko stopped sending the stream.

Okay, so the next step is for me to decipher the channel list so that i can build the SETUP scripts on my own without a hardcoded one. I am getting tired of hearing about urinary micro bacterial infections from CHANNEL ONE on 123w KU band.

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!! Forget the TS file, i was able to stream it LIVE to SMPLAYER. It supports UDP Unicast with out any headers. Let me do a few more tests, but I think i got this think LICKED!

:clapping
Great news!

Also its good to see that SMPlayer is open source. We should be able to adapt it so the user can select the channel to stream.

Great news!

Also its good to see that SMPlayer is open source. We should be able to adapt it so the user can select the channel to stream.

I think that is a great idea. In the short thou, ill modify this current program to allow the user to select a channel which will auto launch SMPLAYER. I might also be able to detect if SMPLAYER is running and if it shutdown, i could auto issue the teardown message.

Okay, I bring all good news. I have been streaming the video now for 5 minutes straight. I found out the Amiko server stops sending stream data if i don't send it a ping so to speak. So, every 10 seconds, i send a OPTIONS command. I also added the TEARDOWN message and the amiko stopped sending the stream.
According to the SAT>IP specification:
"SAT>IP clients (being at a minimum only UPnP Control Points) do not announce their presence. For this reason, a client leaving the network is not detectable at this level. The SAT>IP protocol however implements RTSP and IGMP which permit to detect the presence or absence of a client (RTSP session timeout, IGMP membership queries)."

Edit: I just verified from my Wireshark capture session that the Big2Small client does what you are doing, iBoston. It also sends OPTIONS every 10 seconds.

Okay, so the next step is for me to decipher the channel list so that i can build the SETUP scripts on my own without a hardcoded one. I am getting tired of hearing about urinary micro bacterial infections from CHANNEL ONE on 123w KU band.
The channel list is just a text file. So no binary dumps needed. Its easy to parse in PHP or C++.

Last edited:
Okay, i am trying to find a reference to the satellite from the channel. In another words how does the channel tie to the satellite. I see how it ties to the transponder, but i do NOT see how it ties to the satellite.

Look at the : 192.168.1.216:8080/cfg/get_channel_list.cgi changing the IP to the address of your amiko.

Example :
These are the corresponding items. Satellite, Transponder and Channel for EBRU.
I see the matching transponder ID between nodtype1 and nodtype2, but i don't see anything on those two nodes to tie into nodtype0.

nodtyp=0&satnam=k97W G19&slotid=18&satobt=2630&lnblow=10750&lnbtyp=0&t2lnbl=10750&t2lnbt=0&satidx=46

nodtyp=1&fttype=0&tpfreq=12084&tpsymb=22000&tppola=1&tponid=47119

nodtyp=2&vidpid=4027&vidtyp=0&audpid=4037&audtyp=0&ttxpid=8191&subpid=8191&pcrpid=4027&pmtpid=4017&svrnam=EBRU&pronum=152&svrtyp=1&avflag=1&tponid=47119&camode=0&audlan=17955

Last edited:
Example :
These are the corresponding items. Satellite, Transponder and Channel for EBRU.
I see the matching transponder ID between nodtype1 and nodtype2, but i don't see anything on those two nodes to tie into nodtype0.

nodtyp=0&satnam=k97W G19&slotid=18&satobt=2630&lnblow=10750&lnbtyp=0&t2lnbl=10750&t2lnbt=0&satidx=46

nodtyp=1&fttype=0&tpfreq=12084&tpsymb=22000&tppola=1&tponid=47119

nodtyp=2&vidpid=4027&vidtyp=0&audpid=4037&audtyp=0&ttxpid=8191&subpid=8191&pcrpid=4027&pmtpid=4017&svrnam=EBRU&pronum=152&svrtyp=1&avflag=1&tponid=47119&camode=0&audlan=17955
It's there. I didn't spot the connection at first glance either. So I asked my son who is home on Winter break from college.

About a minute later he told me that the connection to nodtype0 is coded into 'tponid'. Specifically, the 'satidx' is everything but the last 3 digits of the 'tponid'. As you might guess, he is a Computer Science Major in his 3rd year.

So there you go.

You're welcome.

Reactions: FaT Air and KE4EST
Here is an example of the 3 nodes for Newsource HD 1 on 87W. You can see, in bold, how everything ties together.

nodtyp=0&satnam=87W SES2 KU&slotid=6&satobt=2730&lnblow=10750&lnbtyp=0&t2lnbl=10750&t2lnbt=0&satidx=41

nodtyp=1&fttype=0&tpfreq=11961&tpsymb=29269&tppola=0&tponid=41989

nodtyp=2&vidpid=1600&vidtyp=1&audpid=1601,1102&audtyp=0,0&ttxpid=8191&subpid=8191&pcrpid=1600&pmtpid=5006&svrnam=Newsource HD 1&pronum=6&svrtyp=1&avflag=1&tponid=41989&camode=0&audlan=0,0

Some tponid's are only 4 digits, so thats why my son said that the satellite index is everything but the last 3 digits, not simply the first 2 digits.

Reactions: iBoston
Here is an example of the 3 nodes for Newsource HD 1 on 87W. You can see, in bold, how everything ties together.

nodtyp=0&satnam=87W SES2 KU&slotid=6&satobt=2730&lnblow=10750&lnbtyp=0&t2lnbl=10750&t2lnbt=0&satidx=41

nodtyp=1&fttype=0&tpfreq=11961&tpsymb=29269&tppola=0&tponid=41989

nodtyp=2&vidpid=1600&vidtyp=1&audpid=1601,1102&audtyp=0,0&ttxpid=8191&subpid=8191&pcrpid=1600&pmtpid=5006&svrnam=Newsource HD 1&pronum=6&svrtyp=1&avflag=1&tponid=41989&camode=0&audlan=0,0

Some tponid's are only 4 digits, so thats why my son said that the satellite index is everything but the last 3 digits, not simply the first 2 digits.

Okay, Ug, i found a transponder that didn't match the satellite #. I dunno if it would be the same for you, but the Transponder ID for Ebru is 47119, but the satellite index is 46. Always a hick-up:confused:

Okay, well, i need someone to output their channel_list and verify if it is the same for you.

For me, every transponder ID that is 42 or higher, i have to subtract one to get the satellite index. With this scenario, transponders that start with 41 or 42 yield the same satellite.

Look at the : 192.168.1.216:8080/cfg/get_channel_list.cgi changing the IP to the address of your amiko.

The next question - is there logic to this? or a bug patch fixed on the client end to fix a server issue?

That also explains why i couldn't see the reference so easily. One of the records i was trying to match too was EBRU, which is incorrect.

Thought you Amiko and Windows users might appreciate this picture. It feels good to be the first person to officially stream a Amiko onto a windows machine. I have some clean up to do on the code, but I thought I would post this MILESTONE :

screenshot.1419906134.jpg

Using integer arithmetic:

satidx = tponid/1024;

My son was close yesterday, thinking it was 1000. But its actually 1024.

So if we are using 32-bit integers, the lowest 10 bits of tponid are the transponder number and the highest 22 bits of tponid are the satidx

... iBoston, please share with us the source code. I only care about the part of your code where you send the RSTP SETUP. But I think others here would like to see the whole thing. OK?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)