Has Simon Bolvor bird changed it's footprint at78*w?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I am not getting a good look on the signal, it's used to be a 68 to 70% signal while at the same time I am getting AMC-6 at 72*w bird at 74% signal strength just fine.:(

I am guessing they changed the footprint pattern. Any ideas?

I've never picked up Simón Bolívar on Ku. I think the only part of the U.S. with any Ku coverage is southern Florida.

What were you seeing?

Intelsat 16 was at 79W providing coverage for Sky Mexico, but was replaced the Sky Mexico 1 satellite last year. For me, the signal is weaker with the new satellite. These two satellites are in the 11.7 to 12.2 GHz range. Simón Bolívar is something like 11.3 to 11.7 GHz.

I was picking up very weak signal on 11.801 GHz, H, I used to get TV promos on SKY Mexico channel and f.t.e. TRU TV in the clear maybe I might to have treak and turning.:p

The signal strength here in New Mexico is at 10 or less at this time.

I do not receive Ku-band Simon Bolivar but before I did with my Perfect10 7.5ft and Corotor.
Now I receive Sky Mexico on 78.8w, these are the strongest and weakest signals for me in Wilmington, NC

Thank you google translator :)

screenshot.jpg

screenshot_1.jpg

Reactions: lost_mesa
I use the the signal's footprints but then has changed, but on the other hand the weather has been too cold for my taste to go out and treak and turning the dish I am waiiting for the weather to warm up.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)