Trying to sub In canada.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
THere would be no reason to come to the service address if everything is up and running, showing the preview channel. There are several times people leave dish setups intact for future homeowners, etc.

Thus, they don't do truck rolls "just because".

Have to agree. I've been up and running at this address for six years and the first four plus I never saw a DirecTV tech. The previous owner had the house deliberately cabled and organized for DirecTV when the house was built. I simply fell in on the existing structure and installed what were then my owned receivers from my previous home. Called DirecTV and they handled reactivating my account and receivers over the phone with no visit from any tech. They offered but signal strength was super so no need.

THere would be no reason to come to the service address if everything is up and running, showing the preview channel. There are several times people leave dish setups intact for future homeowners, etc.

Thus, they don't do truck rolls "just because".

Just took a few phone calls. ;)

Hope it's okay to bump this thread as it seems to be the "newest" and most relevant thread. I don't think it is necessary to create a new one.

I tried setting up an account and was doing fine using a skype U.S. phone number, credit card, not giving a SSN and telling them that the previous owner of the house (U.S. address of course) had everything set for directv including the dish, but they refused me saying that an installer had to come out and activate the card and there was no way around this. Ugggh. Anybody else encounter this? Any suggestions or am I SOL. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hope it's okay to bump this thread as it seems to be the "newest" and most relevant thread. I don't think it is necessary to create a new one.

I tried setting up an account and was doing fine using a skype U.S. phone number, credit card, not giving a SSN and telling them that the previous owner of the house (U.S. address of course) had everything set for directv including the dish, but they refused me saying that an installer had to come out and activate the card and there was no way around this. Ugggh. Anybody else encounter this? Any suggestions or am I SOL. Thanks!

I remember having troubles as well. I more less argued with them and kept insisting they not come out as everything was working well etc. On my online account though it showed someone was showing up to my US address in which I paniced a bit. I was even receiving phone calls with the message that an installer was going to be showing up. I called them back and insisted I wouldn't be around but everything was fine. It was a hassle for sure but somehow I managed to get it all worked out. So far so good.
The only suggestion I have is call back and insist everything is fine and your signal is good etc.
Unless they are starting to buckle down?

I was being persistent with their CSR saying that I just wanted to get it activated as I was in a rush to get it done and was not going to be home until late in the evenings for the next couple of weeks. Nevertheless, she insisted that the card had to be activated by an installer and that was that.

I bet the people who refuse to set it up without an installer coming out are simply sales agents who can't do anything BUT set up truck rolls. Call and make sure you are not speaking with someone who is trying to sell you something. Let them know that you already have it installed and if they insist that they send someone out ask to be transfered.

This is no problem at all, you have other choices, trust me! =P send me a private message and I'll lead you to the right path.

I bet the people who refuse to set it up without an installer coming out are simply sales agents who can't do anything BUT set up truck rolls. Call and make sure you are not speaking with someone who is trying to sell you something. Let them know that you already have it installed and if they insist that they send someone out ask to be transfered.

I just called back and was given the same speech. I didn't ask to speak to somebody else as I didn't want to push my luck just yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)