Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
I'm a 4dtv c-band guy just starting out with FTA. My Coolsat seems to be working, but there looks to be a LOT more to using it than my 5 page manual shows.

I've slaved it to my 4dtv with the prescribed 2 splitter/Diseq layout.

I figured out how to get RFD on h1 with a more or less blind scan and default settings.

W7 has been tricky because there are no c-band 4dtv channels to tune the bird into, but I think I'm on it.

I've blind scanned and the only channel I get is "Program 7" which is an Aleut Indian AFN Convention. I'm assuming I have something on the "Anchorage mux".

but no Nasa.

Is there anything more direct I can do to get it in? I'd really appreciate some tips relevant to the Coolsat 5000.

Many Thanks for any help you can provide!
Jerry

Program7 is vertical Nasa is horizontal i also slave my Cs5000 to my 4DTV receiver
and have no problems getting nasa
here how i have my Cs 5000 configered. in the main menu under installation then dish setttings i have
LNB Power on
LNB Type Single
LNB Freq 5.150
22Khz OFF
DiseqcC 1.0
Committed 2 for C-band on my setup your may be different and then i do the Blind scan i get 4 nasa feeds hopes this helps

Thanks a TON for your advice. I tried all your settings and went with committed =1 and 2. Still only get Program7 (the anchorage Inuit festival). My receiver LOVES Program7, so maybe the unit is having trouble picking up Horizontal stuff? I'll keep playing with it.

Any chance it's because my Diseqq is a 4 to 1 and I'm only using input 1 & 2? Any chance the switch input# doesn't equal the 1-4 on my screen? Should I try committed 3 or 4 just in case?

I got nasa! got to thinking about "horizontal" and noticed that my drs922 was tuned to W7-18 which is vertical. I tuned it to W7-19 (vertical) and the next scan pulled it right in.

Am I correct that the FTA can only scan the horizontals OR verticals, depending on what my 4dtv is pointing to? (since it drives the skew motor?)

Note: The picture is crystal clear, but the sound is bad (very weak). Is this Nasa's fault or something I can tweak on the reciver?

Last edited:
I got nasa! got to thinking about "horizontal" and noticed that my drs922 was tuned to W7-18 which is vertical. I tuned it to W7-19 (vertical) and the next scan pulled it right in.

Am I correct that the FTA can only scan the horizontals OR verticals, depending on what my 4dtv is pointing to? (since it drives the skew motor?)

\

right i was just getting ready to post that lol ok your in the game now

One more thing, the pic is perfect but the sound is awful (very weak). Is this something on my end or theirs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)