TS Format File Size???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Noticed on another site that someone complained about jerky video on 103w NBC East. I've seen that problem also from time to time and reading further in that thread I found this info:

The bitrate on those NBC channels vary a lot, depending upon content. When they have regular programming (like the Today Show), the bitrate is up around 23 to 25 Mbps, but when they have some pre-recorded content like soap operas, it's down around 18 Mbps, and when there is no content, like a black screen, it's down around 10 to 13 Mbps, or 18 Mbps when the peacock is running.

If the video was plain MPEG2, none of those should be a problem, however the video is 4.2.0 H264. It's possible that some receivers might have a problem.

So my problem "may" not necessarily be with that new Segate hard drive but might instead be that this Micro HD doesn't have enough "oomph" to get the job done? I guess more testing on this is in order, which I'll try to do Thursday night @ 9pm with the next episode of The Blacklist!

UPDATE: Setup to recorded one hour of "The Voice" last night on 103w with both the Micro HD and the Openbox S9 receivers here in the shop on different dishes/systems. The S9 on that temp mounted Raydx dish worked like a champ recording to that new Seagate drive I was thinking couldn't handle the load. That one hour recording was 10.3GB.

The Micro HD on the other hand was setup to record on a WD drive that I've used hundreds of times before and it choked and never started.......again??? So, I'm thinking that there must be something wrong with the Micro HD so I copied the AllCode and userdb files from the Micro HD in the house and will install those in this one here in the shop that's giving me all this trouble. I'll try again tonight to see if it will record or not.

Oh the joys of FTA TV?? :censored

Reactions: FaT Air and KE4EST
UPDATE.........AGAIN!!

Well, I recorded an hour of The Voice tonight from 103w again and that Micro HD with that formerly "questionable" Seagate hard drive did fine. I had the dish on 97w when the timer kicked in and it moved the dish to 103w then recorded that hour long program. That TS file size at the end was 10.9GB and it looks like it did OK.

So transferring those receiver files from one Micro to the other worked. That's the nice thing about having systems setup the same way. I've got 3 dishes and 6 receivers and all can be swapped from one dish to another and they work.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.