TS360 Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

snimm

Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
I am yet again having trouble with he Samsung TS360. The screen froze yesterday, and I had to reset. Since then I have been unable to receive locals, HD channels, and various SD channels (ESPN being one of them). My Tivo box still picks up all channels and signal strength is fine. I've tried switching cables between the two boxes and a multitude of other things, but nothing works. The locals are on the 72.5 satellite and my two dishes run through a 6x8 multiswitch. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm having problems also

Interesting - I also need advice on a sammy ts360 that is now giving me problems. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I hope the experts can offer some options.

A tech spent 6 hours today trying to add Springfield, MO locals to my existing setup (a very simple setup). The sammy hd with only 1 additional standard receiver. He put up the 2nd dish, a 4x2 switch, and a filter on the 360.

The 360 never would find 110 or 119 after that - only 72 and 101. So I get local channels now, but the hd channels are gone.

Everything was ok prior to the 2nd dish.

He finally gave up and got dtv to fed-ex me a new hd receiver, which they agreed to do.

What did he miss?

I'm learning...

Well, D* sent me a brand new rca dct 210, but it didn't help. Looks like the problem has been isolated to the fact that the installers didn't know to install a 6x8 switch.

I don't understand why a large switch is needed, but nothing else has worked. So the installer is scheduled to come back 11/26. I hope we finally get this resolved.

I cant help the first person but I know what your problem is mcgeezer. To get 101,110,119 and 72 you need a 6x8 because you need to have all 4 lines from the 3 lnb dish into the switch and 2 lines from the 72 in the other 2 spots. If you don't have all four lines from the 3 lnb going into the switch you will only be able to get the 101.

Still learning...

Thanks dgordo. I finally had a couple of hours to surf during holiday football, and had started to discover exactly what you've told me. Thanks so much.

I just wish that the installers for D* had known what you know.

Well, they are headed out here tomorrow for their 3rd trip. I checked the wires and they only ran 2 from the triple lnb, so they'll have to run 2 more cable lines from the 3-lnb and install the 6x8, and THEN I should be ok. The thing is, I don't know if they understand this yet!

I'll post the next chapter of this saga after tomorrow's visit.

Success

Everything is up and running, and yes, of course, it took a 6x8 switch to make it work. There is an interesting side story though.

I tried my best, but I could not talk the tech into installing the 6x8 on Friday evening. He tried a dozen different things and none of them worked, and all the while I was saying 'Are you sure you don't want to install a 6x8?'.

So he gave up and called his office and told them to send out the head guy on Saturday morning. As soon as he gets here he knows what the problem is (he had been unreachable Friday evening). He had extra cable and the switch installed in no time. But he wasn't too happy when I told him that I had suggested this fix to his guy the night before.

Yes, they did install a filter. Samsung is sending a new box. Hopefully that one will work.

Well....
On the third attempt Samsung finally sent a box. After a three week wait I finally received a new TS360 today. I hooked it up, called D* to run through setup, and we couldn't get it to recognize the 72.5 satellite with my locals. The box wouldn't take the system upgrade to 1.2.16. It kept trying, but was always unsuccessful.

Anyway, D* said they will send me a new HD receiver. They can't guarantee the model, but they said if it is a Samsung it will have the upgraded software already installed.

I have a couple questions. What receiver might I receive from D*? Do they all integrate an OTA cleanly? Any comments on quality, etc.? I am so sick Samsung by now I'd be happy with anything.

If they send an RCA dc210, you will think you still have the Samsung, they are almost identical. I got swapped to that and after hooking it up, I decided to keep the problems with the Samsung and send that sorry piece back. Both these recievers suck!

Lem52

If they send you a rca you still need to use the filter that samsung uses. I spent hours on the phone with d*'s tech till we added the filter on the rca and then it worked like a charm. They replaced my junk 360. The rca has worked great for almost a month now

Thanks
Rick

mgmrick said:
If they send you a rca you still need to use the filter that samsung uses. I spent hours on the phone with d*'s tech till we added the filter on the rca and then it worked like a charm. They replaced my junk 360. The rca has worked great for almost a month now

Thanks
Rick

What filter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)