So many problems with Directv and 4k tv

I really appreciate all the replies from everyone. Seems like Samsungs are particularly touchy with this issue. The 2018 Q series is wonderful TV with a wonderful picture, but I dont think it was designed with live TV as its main target audience unfortunately. Having said that, I was on with Samsung support today as my warranty is about to expire in desperation mode. They had me unplug everything and did a remote factory reset on the TV. Going through these steps , I was kind of rolling my eyes because it seems like the tech playbook when the problem is not known. Well tonight something has changed, I have automotion OFF, but the PQ is definitely somewhat better on the problem channels of TBS, TNT, Lifetime, USA, etc with original 24fps content. The other really odd thing is that now my Samsung soundbar is much louder and to a better level with directv. I have no idea what could have improved the situation. The latest firmware had already been downloaded a few weeks ago, but could rebooting and resetting everything effectively "activate" firmware? That is all I can think of. Maddening to not know what has caused this improvement. I doubt it was a change of Directv signal?

Obviously that TV is pretty finicky if a "reboot" can cause changes like that. That's why I hate the newer "smart" TVs with all their fancy processing. Just give me a 'monitor' that will faithfully reproduce what it sees on the HDMI port. The closest approximation of that at least on some newer TVs is to use the PC/game input, though if your Samsung can get screwed up enough that a reboot will fix things who knows. Sad to see TVs operate like flaky Windows PCs and need reboots!

I know this is an old thread, but is your issue still fixed? I have had a nightmare with the same TV. Sporadic judder (I would see it mostly during fast moving things like a hockey game, but would also see it less often on the news) that I could never get to occur when the Samsung tech was here. They basically replaced everything except the panel. It’s out of warranty now and the issue still occurs. Seemingly unrelated, recently started getting random Directv 725 errors that came and went. They replaced the cable from the dish, still happening. Finally got a 725 error that it wouldn’t recover from. I tried new inside cables, nothing. Started getting frustrated and took the 8 port splitter out of the equation and connected the hr54 directly to the dish with a barrel connector. Got the signal back, the PQ actually looks better than it ever has with DTV on the Q9FN and maybe I’m commenting too soon, but it it’s been 24 hours and it hasn’t had the motion judder/stutter issue once. Granted I only have 1 TV working at the moment since the splitter is disconnected, but if I figured out this almost 2 year Q9FN nightmare at the expense of having 1 TV for a day or 2, worth it. No idea if it’s the splitter itself or the splitters interaction with the SWM LNB, but I’ll have Directv replace both when they come out tomorrow. Thought I searched everything google had to offer, so If swapping LNB and SWM hardware fixes this, it will be the first I’ve seen it. Figured I’d throw it out there if you or someone else was still having issues. I iI‘ll update the board in a few weeks again with the results.

I really appreciate all the replies from everyone. Seems like Samsungs are particularly touchy with this issue. The 2018 Q series is wonderful TV with a wonderful picture, but I dont think it was designed with live TV as its main target audience unfortunately. Having said that, I was on with Samsung support today as my warranty is about to expire in desperation mode. They had me unplug everything and did a remote factory reset on the TV. Going through these steps , I was kind of rolling my eyes because it seems like the tech playbook when the problem is not known. Well tonight something has changed, I have automotion OFF, but the PQ is definitely somewhat better on the problem channels of TBS, TNT, Lifetime, USA, etc with original 24fps content. The other really odd thing is that now my Samsung soundbar is much louder and to a better level with directv. I have no idea what could have improved the situation. The latest firmware had already been downloaded a few weeks ago, but could rebooting and resetting everything effectively "activate" firmware? That is all I can think of. Maddening to not know what has caused this improvement. I doubt it was a change of Directv signal?
Sounds to me like you downloaded the software, like you said a few weeks ago, it was there, but not installed ... perhaps thats what they did with you on the phone.

A 725 error means the receiver ID doesn't match what they have on record. Go online and do a refresh. If that doesn't work do a reboot.

Obviously that TV is pretty finicky if a "reboot" can cause changes like that. That's why I hate the newer "smart" TVs with all their fancy processing. Just give me a 'monitor' that will faithfully reproduce what it sees on the HDMI port. The closest approximation of that at least on some newer TVs is to use the PC/game input, though if your Samsung can get screwed up enough that a reboot will fix things who knows. Sad to see TVs operate like flaky Windows PCs and need reboots!

Exactly!

I’m not a fan of the “smart” Tv’s myself.

Only thing I like about the smart Tv’s it can play a video file from an external drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)