TSReader will not run

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
I just installed my Twinhan 1020a card, ran the disc that came with it, which installed TwinhanData, but, nothing else.

I tried TSReader and it worked, but, did not give me any thing at all. It showed signal strength and qulaity but, no PIDS or anything. Every other window was blank. The MPEG-2 stats window has all zeros except for Sync Losses and that number keeps getting bigger and bigger.

So, I had some errors during installation so I restored my computer to yesterday and stated over. This time, I downloaded the install package from the Twinhan website. This time, it installed a viewer that allowed me to scan a transponder and watch TV channels.

Now, when I try to run TSReader I get this error: "The source module you selected didn't initialize. The device may be missing or not installed correctly. To change source......" and that's it. Before when I ran it, I had to run TwinhanData first and tune to a transponder, but, then again, I got no data at all from that transponder, as I noted above.

I had Twinhan plugged into the coax all by itself, not using any loop out or any thing like that. Just direct from the motor to port 1 of my DiSEqC switch, and I had that properly checked in the setup.

I was on G 25 11836-V-20765 to do my testing. I had 75% signal and 80% quality. It Twinhan DTV application did not find everything that lyngsat has for that transponder, but, I am pretty sure both of my STB's found everything.

Any hints from anyone?

Thanks.

I think that Twinhandata thing is a bda driver, you will have better luck with a wdm driver,go to this site DigitalRise - Home Entertainment Systems and download the wdm driver at the bottom of the page, TwinhanDTV 2.608a.
To get Tsreader to run, hold down the control key and try to start it, that will give you the source menu, choose the Twinhan 1020a.dll one.
If you are getting sync losses that means Tsreader is not getting a signal or enough of a signal. Make sure all your settings are correct, motor switch etc all need to be setup.
That twinhan program is pretty clunky compared to other software out there. Once you get one sofware up and running you can try others and decide for yourself what you like.
Tsreader doesn't display video like other software, you need to download VLC, install it and then you can set it up in Tsreader and it will pop up when you click on a video source. Media Player Classic works fine too and there are others but VLC is easy to setup and get going. Let us know how its going.

Thanks Starman.

I went to the website and downloaded the driver you mentioned, uninstalled the BDA drivers and installed the WDM Drivers. It appeared to go okay, but, now, whenever I try to change channels I get an error saying the "creating the capture directory failed!" Right after that, I get the error: "Failed to render filters!" So, it is almost impossible to change channels!

As far as TSReader goes, it will not allow me to change any DiSEqC settings because it is TSReader Lite. So, I guess that TSReader is useless to me because I am not going to pay $99 for something that I cannot evaluate at all. Even though I show 75% signal and 90% quality in TwinhanDTV when I tune and scan transponders, TSReader was showing 60% signal and 0% qulaity, I'm pretty sure because I cannot specify DiSEqC switch settings. I really don't want to have to remove my switch just to test TSReader! I have both of my STB's setup already for my switch, so, it would be cumbersome to have to remove it!

I've tried My Theater and I can scan transponders and find channels, but when I try to watch them, the window stays black and the channel does not "play". I tried DVB Dream, and it will not even recognize DiSEqC settings, so I cannot seem to do anything with Dream. :(

When I tried to change channels on the BDA driver version of TwinhanDTV, it worked fine. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't wasted the money on this DVB card!:mad:

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't wasted the money on this DVB card!:mad:

Hehe, I know how you feel. Its certainly not as easy to setup as a stb. There is a definite learning curve. Once you get one application up and running it gets simpler to setup others because you become more familiar with the settings, they are basically the same for all apps.
You didn't mention VLC, did you install that so you can display video in Tsreader? I have the full version and can't remember about TSreaderlite, I thought I could input my switch settings because I had it going before I bought it and I use switches, but its been a while and I could be mistaken.
If you have MyTheatre installed and have scanned channels successfully maybe it would be better to concentrate on that for the time being? If you right click on that black screen in Mytheatre in the flyout menu there is a choice video on/off, make sure there is a check mark beside that or no picture will show. Have you installed any codecs? You will need them to display video and do audio. In Mytheatre click on settings, general settings, autograph, the codecs installed on your computer show up there. You can pick and choose, if Mytheatre complains about codecs when you try to play a channel, go to autograph and change the codecs until you find a combination that works. It takes some persistance and patience, if you get stuck post back here, I'll try to help and I'm sure others will as well.

Any ideas as to why the WDM drivers are giving me such a headache?

I cannot even change channels without headaches!

VLC isn't an option right now, because TSReader in it's lite version is just useless! You would think they would at least allow one to adjust switch settings, because I would not think that switches are that uncommon.

I'm likely to just give it up until I get my T90 hooked up. Even then, TSReader is still useless. I WILL NOT spend any $$ on that software seeing as how it is so crippled in the lite version, makes me know I don't even want to mess with the $99 version.

Rod is a big supporter of truefta, you may not like his marketing aproch, but be thankful he gives anything for free, not all companies do. give microsoft a call and ask them for a free version of vista and see what you get.

I have the $99 version of tsreader and love it, I use it literally every day, I haven't found another software app for dvb that even comes close.

not everyone likes it, but it is defn worth the $99 imo.

Finally got TSReader working! I found the right place to input my switch settings.

I am learning alot. I have a new topic with a question.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)