Tuesday? morning DVR problems

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
For several weeks I have noticed a problem with my DVR and seem to have narrowed it down to Tuesday morning recording time. :confused:

After the Tuesday morning recording, the DVR - Hard Drive does not quit recording, but will continue to record until the drive is full and then it will lock up and corrupt whatever has been recorded. Since I am not always here to check the unit, this has been a problem. I failed to get 3 weeks of recordings off the drive. I did a factory reset, reformated the drive and reset all my timers, thinking this may have been the problem. However, yesterday morning the same thiing happened again, and fortunately, I caught it after 3 1/2 hours, so I was able to save the programs. :what

It does not seem to matter if I have the auto update on or not, as it seems to revert to autoupdate by itself, although I only lost my added channel lists when I did the factory reset.

HELP!!!! !protest

We have not heard of this problem before. We will perform some tests to validate, but need additional information. What SW and Data versions are listed in the system information? Is your Wednesday morning timer a manual setting, Once, Daily, Weekly?

If you turn Auto Update off, the receiver will not automatically reset to the default on setting or attempt to update or check for new versions.

The switch settings are the factory defaults.

The Timer is set for a daily at 0758 for 33 mins. for TBN channel 101 and a weekly, Sunday at 1758 for 33 minutes. I am operating on a 350 watt inverter operating off 12 VDC and is on 24/7. The batteries are charged from 3 solar panels and if the voltage drops too low the inverter would lock out, but it has not locked out since I added the 2nd and 3rd solar panels. The STB power is off from the remote, but after the program is over, on Tuesday mornings, the power is on, not on timer. I have to hit the stop buttton to stop the recording, then I can turn it back off with the remote. Note the recording does start on time and if I stop it before I run out of HD space it will end the recording at that point of the time. There is a bogus program (.ts file) that if I try to bring it up, it says something like wrong type of file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts