Tuff TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That sucks they are getting tuff on there bills.

I say everybody should have fiber :)
They are finally starting to run Gigabit fiber here, will be months before it is ready to hook-up to the house, but yes I will be welcoming it.
Frontier DSL is garbage around here. It is bad when satellite internet is 50X faster.

Reactions: wallyhts
I asked one of the local techs if he had heard anything about running fiber in my area. He says "not in my lifetime". Kicker is he is a lot younger than I am... Maybe he is accident-prone...
:|

Reactions: FTA4PA
They are finally starting to run Gigabit fiber here, will be months before it is ready to hook-up to the house, but yes I will be welcoming it.
Frontier DSL is garbage around here. It is bad when satellite internet is 50X faster.
You don't have charter up there Michael? 100 Megs here for 59 bucks a month.

I think his choices are dial up, LTE or satellite

No we have a mom and pop cable company, they do have internet, but no cable here, it stops about 3 miles up the road. I have a friends who have it and complain about it going out and they pay $30 for 8M down and 1 up, so nothing exciting.

I think his choices are dial up, LTE or satellite
Correct and I do have a very good Verizon LTE tower here and pretty decent speeds, but only use it for back up.

No we have a mom and pop cable company, they do have internet, but no cable here, it stops about 3 miles up the road. I have a friends who have it and complain about it going out and they pay $30 for 8M down and 1 up, so nothing exciting.

I'm just guessing but I bet they are running an old 1.0 docsis CTMS on one Qam channel.

Disgusting. I pay 80 bucks a month and i max out about 1 meg/bit down 400 up. I cannot stream anything but the crummiest of quality videos and multiple stops with buffering. I gave up trying anymore. Streaming is just not in the cards for me. They don't care about Rural people.

I've been on the same 3g data cellular unlimited plan for 10 years. - I don't get full 3g speeds thou.

Yea, i noticed that a couple days ago when i was browsing through 97w. Time to remove it from my channel list on all my receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts