This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TUNA could be the Dolphins GM

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Interesting, Bill Parcells has decided to say NO to Atlanta and possibly YES to Miami for the same position.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Bill Parcells will not be joining the Atlanta Falcons as head of football operations.

Parcells turned down the position, Falcons owner Arthur Blank said Wednesday in a statement. Blank said the team had an agreement in principle with Parcells, but after he told the Falcons he was considering a similar offer from the Miami Dolphins, negotiations fell through.

Parcells is almost certain to land in Miami after Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga sent word Wednesday to Parcells that he has decided not to sell the team, sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Len Pasquarelli.
Parcells has a four-year agreement in place to become the Dolphins' vice president of football operations -- the identical role he had negotiated with Falcons owner Arthur Blank, a Dolphins source said. Parcells is expected to sign a contract in the next 48 hours, and sources say it's unlikely to fall through as it did with the Falcons. The Dolphins and Parcells had dialogue almost two weeks ago about the job, but the deal was put on ice when Huizenga seriously entertained offers for the sale of his franchise, sources said. Huizenga has assured Parcells that he will remain in control of the team, according to a Dolphins official. That was the dramatic development that altered his course with Atlanta.

ESPN - Parcells spurns Falcons, close to deal with Dolphins - NFL

I think I would rather work for MIA as opposed to ATL too; team wise and location wise. I also think he wants his shots at Beli-Cheat, chump, and the Patsies.

I also think the position will be VP of Operations, not the GM role.

I think I would rather work for MIA as opposed to ATL too; team wise and location wise. I also think he wants his shots at Beli-Cheat, chump, and the Patsies.

Well, if you look at it like this....Miami, is without a doubt, the WORST team in the league and CANNOT GET any worse. The ONLY way IS UP. Atlanta, on the other has PLENTY of room to be terribly WORSE than they are. So if he F*** ED up Atlanta, that would KILL is "I-am-a-football-god" ego of his. With the Dolphins, you can't get any worse....and when they do better, and you KNOW they will.....then he can suck in that gut and stick out his man-boobed chest and say, "see how good I am, I turned this franchise COMPLETELY around...!!"

Hey Charper,
Congrats on your 11,000 !!!

Jimbo

yeah....congrats..:up:up:up

DING, DING, DING! We have a winner!:up:up:up ESPN quoted Parcell earlier as saying that the deal with Atlanta "just needed to iron out the small details, none of them a deal breaker". Arthur Blank has got to be pulling his hair out. What did this poor guy do to deserve what has happen to him this season? Must of pissed off the "football gods". Let me add that I think Parcell probably was already talking to the Dolphins, and used Atlanta as leverage for a better deal.

See Paul...you and I agree on ALOT more things than you think!

so salsa, what's the mood down there in south florida over the parcells hiring? i hope this is a turnaround for a once, very proud franchise. i use to love the fish until don shula was forced out for mr. perfect hair.

so salsa, what's the mood down there in south florida over the parcells hiring? i hope this is a turnaround for a once, very proud franchise. i use to love the fish until don shula was forced out for mr. perfect hair.

Well....the mood in general is "WOW". This is the equivalent to when the Heat hired Riley. And within 3 or 4 years, they won the NBA Championship....the thinking is more or less the same due to Fat Boys past record. To me, he is an egotistical windbag that has to use bully tactics to get his point across, to me. I am more of Tony Dungy type of motivator, not a bombastic dictator type of coach.

So how long till he decides he's the only guy who can coach the Dolphins? I'm sure he will be easing the GM to some other position. At any rate, my money is on Cam Cameron being one and out.

So how long till he decides he's the only guy who can coach the Dolphins? I'm sure he will be easing the GM to some other position.

Randy Mueller will probably stick around until JUST BEFORE the draft....they they will more than likely hire a new GM. It would extremely stupid to fire him when HIS crew is doing all the scouting for the upcoming draft. They could end up somewhere else with all that info. in and around the draft, Randy will be gone.

Well judging by the current team, you got to wonder just how valuable that draft information really is. Maybe he's been sharing intell with Matt Millen.

Well judging by the current team, you got to wonder just how valuable that draft information really is. Maybe he's been sharing intell with Matt Millen.

I've always like Randy....

We'll trade you Matt Millen for Randy and ...............

Can you trade an owner ?

Jimbo

It sounds like you and Dan LeBetard are the only two guys in Florida who think it's bad, and for the same reasons. Hey, your name wouldn't be Dan, would it?

It sounds like you and Dan LeBetard are the only two guys in Florida who think it's bad, and for the same reasons. Hey, your name wouldn't be Dan, would it?

I don't think its bad. I don't think much of coaches that wear the egos on their sleeve. BUT, he will not be coaching this team, SO that could be the silver linning. And if he were to screw this up, he gets no blame because the team sucks ANYWAYS, so he's in a better than in a win-win situation....and WHEN he improves this team(you can't get MORE rock bottom than the Dolphins), they will ALL think what HE THINKS already.....a...no...THE football GOD.....

I agree with you about Tuna. He was on ESPN radio with Keyshawn Johnson and Chris Mortenson. The whole goal of the show, or at least Keyshawn's was to tell Parcells just how great he really is. On top of that he or at least his shills are trying to grab much of the credit for the Cowboy's season. No doubt he is responsible for getting most of the players that are there, but he didn't do this well with them.

I think you guys are right about going to Miami instead of Atlanta. Nowhere to go but up. Plus I think the Falcons will suffer a hangover from Vick leaving. The offense was built around him. It'll be easier to clean house in Miami with their record this year.