Tuning Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

willsweeps99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
United States
I have a Tivo Bolt and I got the cable card and tuning adapter. Cable card is paired and everything is up properly EXCEPT the tuning adapter. I have been on the phone off and on for quite a while with Charter about it. I kept losing the call. At one point I had it hooked up and ran the test for channels and it stating no channels. I was finally told to take it back and get another. I will do that tomorrow. Hopefully it will work then. I find it odd that it stated that it was hooked up and then it stated that there was a problem and it was not connected to the TiVo. Any suggestions when I get the replacement? Maybe my coaxial cable was not great. Who knows? I got some channels and then I would go to the other channels and I would get the error message! Ugh!! Stressing me out!

You do have the tuning adapter connected with a USB cable to the Bolt, correct?

Assuming they looped the tuning adapter make sure the right coax is going out to the bolt too

It should be coax from wall to tuning adapter in. Tuning adapter out then feeds the Bolt. Plus the USB cable to the Bolt

Well I got it hooked up and a message came on the TiVo screen saying it needs a firmware update. It states that I unplug USB cord and go from there but I will not be able to record the maximum amount of recordings it does at once which is 4. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What to do? What does a firmware involve? What a pain this has turned out to be!!

The TIVO needs a firmware update, OR the tuning adapter needs a firmware update?

My Tivo downloaded and installed a bunch of firmware updates right at my first connection, right during setup. I don't have it hooked to cable, but I'd assume it could need yet another one for that. Get used to it, and it's NOT a big deal at all.

The tuning adapter and/or cable card needs an update. It will have to be pushed from the cable company.

If the Tivo needs anything it will get it when you do guided setup for cable. Go into the tivo network settings and select connect to the tivo service now and it will connect and check for tivo updates

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I can't remember, I believe our tuning adapter in Las Vegas took a firmware update from Cox once it was connected to the Tivo too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The tuning adapter can do what it needs to do, independently from the Tivo. If it needs a firmware update, you will see the light blink on the front in a specific sequence. It doesn't need to be connected to the Tivo to get a firmware update. At least that was the was it was for my Cisco adapter.

Now, I did have issues with getting my TA working too. I eventually got a supervisor who did some type of special hit to the TA, one they don't normally do but what whatever she did, made it work.

Once it is working right, I wait for the light on thr front to go solid green before plugging it into my Roamio.

You might make sure you are using a splitter to separate the cable coming in between the TIVO and the tuning adapter. This is how Charter recommends the install. I had installed as the adapter's instructions showed, but it did not work properly and on Charter's support page found how they suggest it be installed, since then I have had no problems.

You might make sure you are using a splitter to separate the cable coming in between the TIVO and the tuning adapter. This is how Charter recommends the install. I had installed as the adapter's instructions showed, but it did not work properly and on Charter's support page found how they suggest it be installed, since then I have had no problems.

Can you post a link to that support page?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)