Tuning adapters and TiVo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coasterFL

Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
I have had 2 installs cancelled at the last minute with a call the morning of the scheduled install. I finally said please don't reschedule until I know that the tuning adapters are in Brighthouse's hands. Now added to a growing list of people who need a tuning adapter for their HD TiVos for the switched digital channels. It has been a month since the start of dealing with customer service trying to get what I need. Took me 4 calls initially to get to someone who heard of a multi-stream card and a tuning adapter. Anyone with inside info know what is going on with the Cisco tuning adapters? I am a Brighthouse Tampa Bay customer.

Last edited:
i had problems trying to get my first one. when i finally found someone at dimhouse who knew what i was talking about the tech couldn't get it to work.

Regular techs dont carry tuning adapters in our vans. they are so few and far between. Alot of the leads carry them so the techs have access if/when its needed. Worst case if I go to your job today, my lead doesnt have one It would take 1-2 days to get one from the warehouse. They are hit and miss with how easy they set up. I have plugged them in and they worked first try, Others I have had to sit on the phone for 2 hours with the network operations center to get everything going. I havent heard of any issues with ones I have installed once they were up and going though.
Im not too sure how trained on tuning adapters the people on the phones are, most jobs I go to just say "missing channels on cable card" or something similar in the notes and I handle it from there.

I am a tech in tampa area, if you still have questions or need help send me a PM or reply here.

Regular techs dont carry tuning adapters in our vans. they are so few and far between. Alot of the leads carry them so the techs have access if/when its needed. Worst case if I go to your job today, my lead doesnt have one It would take 1-2 days to get one from the warehouse. They are hit and miss with how easy they set up. I have plugged them in and they worked first try, Others I have had to sit on the phone for 2 hours with the network operations center to get everything going. I havent heard of any issues with ones I have installed once they were up and going though.
Im not too sure how trained on tuning adapters the people on the phones are, most jobs I go to just say "missing channels on cable card" or something similar in the notes and I handle it from there.

I am a tech in tampa area, if you still have questions or need help send me a PM or reply here.

i had two installed and i had all of the above problems...what a pain!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts