Tuning Adapters?

RexxV

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Anyone know when the tuning adapters will finally be released by CV?

ummmm, just exactly what are you referring to here?....a tuning adapter for the digital switchover?.....You wont need one, cv is taking care of the switch on there end.

i assume the OP has a TiVo and CableCard and well is feeling a bit left out of the HD "party" on the CableVision TV.

The SDV (Switched Digital Video) adapters are coming soon - but I read somewhere that CV got an extension from the FCC on something till July-2009 not sure if it was SDV adapters or something else? Sorry

So kick back and relax.....

.... or think about SWITCH to Dish or DirecTV LOL like I am thinking now

The extension CV got was for Cable Card boxes. They will not have to deploy them, instead they can keep using their smart card boxes until July 2010 then they will start deploying boxes with down loadable security. None of that has anything to do with the Tunning adapter for Tivo which is supposed to be released soon.

ummmm, just exactly what are you referring to here?....a tuning adapter for the digital switchover?.....You wont need one, cv is taking care of the switch on there end.

SDV tuning adapters for Tivo.

The extension CV got was for Cable Card boxes. They will not have to deploy them, instead they can keep using their smart card boxes until July 2010 then they will start deploying boxes with down loadable security. None of that has anything to do with the Tunning adapter for Tivo which is supposed to be released soon.

I've heard "to be released soon" before. But what does that mean? Soon to me is next week, what does "soon" to CV mean?

A couple of people from NJ posted on dslreports.com that they called customer service and were told that the Tivo Tuning Adapters will be available in the walk in centers tomorrow.

all i know is i bet the adapters from CV will work just fine.... unlike some the horror stories I have seen from other cable companies. Maybe this is why they have been waiting so long?

- at least thats what I keep telling myself :)

Got my adapter yesterday! Had a few kinks at first but now it is working great. The SDV channels look awesome and the TIVO just follows the same routine as if the box isn't even there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)