tuning c band / ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
ok i got a lot of reading to do .... not sure how to tune both c & ku .... i only had a lnbf in the past...........just finished putting up my 7 1/2 mesh after welding a adaptor into place ....it picks up C band G10 great get the bluegrass music channel at 89% and shows the scrambled channels at 94% & 97 % these are with my coolsat not the 4dtv (not hooked up yet). now i switch the cable to KU and i get something ..... ok can see a promo channel for Super Dish promo at 60% SQ ..... well we did drop the dish when we were setting it up i rechecked everything and my only problem is a bent feedhorn brace 1 of 4 so i will probably have to remove and straighten.... but at least the dish is working......

more of the saga later

Last edited:
here's some photos

Attachments

• truck (2).JPG
    truck (2).JPG
    124 KB · Views: 193
  • 102_0444 (2).JPG
    102_0444 (2).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 102_0445 (2).JPG
    102_0445 (2).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 169
Hey George,

If you have the scaler/feed-horn pointed precisely at the center of the dish, have the focal distance set properly, and the f/d ratio set properly, you should be able to tune in on a Ku transponder on your TS satellite, and start peaking from there. Then swing out to a far satellite, and peak a Ku transponder there. Repeat for the center, then swing to the other side. Repeat until you have the best you can get across the arc.

When I tuned in the old Winegard, that's how I did it. If you get it peaked properly for Ku, generally the C-Band will be fine.

Course I get to do it all over again three times here in the very near future. :D

ok thanks guys , i tuned it to this sat cause it was the satellite the dish was pointed at when i took it down.... its stationary now but has a motor.... but isn't hooked up to the 4dtv yet ... since i never had c band and ku through one dish ...

DemonLord i didn't try to tune the ku side , i did play at tuning the c band side. its been years since i done any of it so i'm a bit rusty ...

i got plenty to read and lear a few things :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts