Turbo Dish Installation

gatedude1

Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
St Peters Mo
Am in an RV with a wineguard traveler automatic satellite finder installed on the roof which is connected through the roof to my vip722 hd receiver. There two cables coming from the single satellite dome. Main output 1 and second 2. I have just arrived in Florida for a three month stay and the site I have will keep me from using the dome. Have purchased a HD Turbo dish with a tripod and want to hook it up to the cable on the roof. My question is how do I hook up the turbo with three lnb's to the only existing two input cables on the roof which I will disconnect and route from roof to turbo dish. Have an idea that I should use a three line split to the two going to my receiver. Any help would be appreciated. Never bothered to look when I disconnected my receiver at home. Thanks in advance.

It would help if we knew what Dish and LNB you bought. Most of the newest ones say "HD Turbo" or something similar on them. Is it possibly a 1000.2? If so, it can feed your 722 via a single cable because it has an internal DishPro Plus switch. Single cable use would require the separator (looks like a splitter but isn't) that came with your 722. If it really has 3 separate LNBs, then an external switch is needed, e.g. a DPP33. The DPP33 would need 3 cables (one from each DishPro LNB) going to it's inputs, and one cable going to your 722.

It's says Turbo Dish and the lnb's are spaced identically apart. There are some here that look similar but the last lnb is spaced further apart than mine but I bought it on ebay and it said it was 1000.2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)