Turbo HD gold customers get hosed!!

For me ... "no longer supported" means simply as of the first of the year Dish is not obligated to give you new programming. The channels you get are the channels you get. Dish is simply being nice by not forcing Absolute customers into a current package. In this economy though, and the rate that Dish seems to be losing subscribers, I think it is a good idea on Dish's part to breathe life into the Absolute package if for the sake to just keep their customers a little longer. Again though, Dish is not bound to do this.

An even better idea...

Dish charges about $98.00 for the everything package which they say has 280 channels so charge me $0.35 per channel and let me decide what I want to watch. That way greedy a**holes who have been driving up costs by requiring that channels be included that many people don't want will go broke and fade away. Let me decide what I want on my TV.
That would be super sweet if the channels we want didn't disappear. I bet it wouldn't work out, but dang - if it would, I wouldn't have to lock any channels! :D

For me ... "no longer supported" means simply as of the first of the year Dish is not obligated to give you new programming. The channels you get are the channels you get. Dish is simply being nice by not forcing Absolute customers into a current package. In this economy though, and the rate that Dish seems to be losing subscribers, I think it is a good idea on Dish's part to breathe life into the Absolute package if for the sake to just keep their customers a little longer. Again though, Dish is not bound to do this.
But then they take away some of the channels you already get, so what's that all about in light of 'no longer supported'? I guess they could dwindle it down to 1 channel and see if everyone jumps ship.

I would have to do it then - unless it was BETJ-HD. Then I'd be happy, just me and BETJ-HD all alone every night, as borning as all-get-out! :D (You know you want to laugh about that picture - only one channel: BETJ-HD (with no HD))

I mentioned this in the Viacom thread and the uplink, but maybe it's worth stating it here. I have Turbo Gold and I have gotten all of the new HD channels including all of the Viacoms (haven't checked for BET yet b/c I'm at work) and Fox News and FBN.

I've been with Dish for almost two years, and this has been how my subscriptions have evolved: Absolute -> Top 250 w/ HD b/c I wanted Big Ten -> Turbo Gold in February when it was made available to existing subscribers.

Either my account is a special case, or the transition from Top 250 to Turbo Gold allowed me to get all of the new HDs. I'd be interested if this is the reason why, or maybe my account is just messed up in the system, but I'm not going to complain.

I mentioned this in the Viacom thread and the uplink, but maybe it's worth stating it here. I have Turbo Gold and I have gotten all of the new HD channels including all of the Viacoms (haven't checked for BET yet b/c I'm at work) and Fox News and FBN.

I've been with Dish for almost two years, and this has been how my subscriptions have evolved: Absolute -> Top 250 w/ HD b/c I wanted Big Ten -> Turbo Gold in February when it was made available to existing subscribers.

Either my account is a special case, or the transition from Top 250 to Turbo Gold allowed me to get all of the new HDs. I'd be interested if this is the reason why, or maybe my account is just messed up in the system, but I'm not going to complain.

You are just very fortunate that someone messed up.

Good sir, I will trade you my unicorn for your Turbo Package.

I did the same thing. The only reason I am with Dish is for the Turbo package; if that is no longer an attractive option, I have more than enough reasons to prefer Direct's programming options (I am a huge sports fan). Anyhow, for your reading please, if you feel like taking the time, here is what I wrote (with my personal information cleverly edited out):

Too strong? :D
Too long.

They will most likely not read the whole thing, and will send a canned response they send to everyone who complains about not enough HD.

Too long.

They will most likely not read the whole thing, and will send a canned response they send to everyone who complains about not enough HD.
It wouldn't matter how long it was; I could have said "eviscerate the proletariat!" and they still would have responded with:

Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

At this time "Eviscerate" and the "Proletariat" are only available in our Classic packages with the HD add-on. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add these channels to our TurboHD packages in the future. Please refer to dishnetwork.com for programming updates as it is your best source for information. Dishnetwork.com has been updated to reflect the correct and current channel information. We thank you for your patience in this matter and apologize for any confusion.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Your Friend,
Dish Network Schmuck

I've got a theory swirling around in my head...perhaps Dish is INTENTIONALLY ƒµçking around w/ customers, and milking them for every last penny, messing around with TurboHD, saying it's one thing, then saying, well, it's not REALLY that, slowly dwindling the subscriber base, so that DISH Network goes out of business/gets bought by DirecTV, and then EchoStar becomes a hardware-only company. Maybe that's all they want to be. They're already selling a box to cable companies (T2200S). Again, just a theory.

Also, if we REALLY want to get Dish's attention about how they BS-ed us all with this TurboHD fiasco, instead of emailing ceo@....let's get a CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT started!! THAT, I think, would get them to respond with more than just the usual blah, blah, blah. They would be more likely to just make TurboHD be what it was SUPPOSED to be (i.e. a mirror of the HD packages added to Classic packages), in the hopes that the lawsuit would just go away.

So, how 'bout it? Anyone know how to get a class-action lawsuit started?

So, how 'bout it? Anyone know how to get a class-action lawsuit started?
When I paid my bill after having received additional HD channels that I was told I wasn't going to get, I had to sign a waiver that said I woudn't participate in that. Sorry. You'll have to go on with out me. :p

You get quite a few HD channels then. Did you not like what you got when you signed up?

I have no problem with what we have. But when I signed up I new that new HD channels were coming and that MTV and Nick were among them, I have two teenagers and two 11 and 12. The teens like MTV and of course the youngers like the programing on Nick, Cartoon Network and such. I had assumed that when the new HD channels were added that they would also wind up in the Turbo paks if not in all then at least the gold or platuium paks.I guess the moto is "Never assume anything about Dish". I am starting to understand in a short period of time why people bitch about "Charlie". It's like you need to be prepared to switch channel line ups anytime anything new is added

Turbo Gold Disccusion with Dish

This was a disscusin i had with dish regarding my account as you can see i was able to get all the current hd programming minus 2 Fox Business News and VS but i got all this with no additional cost for 1yr so im happy
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Susan J.
(03) Susan J: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Susan J: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
Paul McKee: i had the absolute package and was talked into switching into a turbo only package as i was told this was the only way to get all new hd but that was a lie
(03) Susan J: Please check out this link to know what are the channels offered in Turbo HD package.
(03) Susan J: DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557
Paul McKee: i currently have turbo hd gold with platinum which is costing me more money for what
(03) Susan J: I apologize for any inconvenience.
Paul McKee: i was told i would get Fox News Channel and Fox Business News that didn't happen
(03) Susan J: If you wish you can downgrade the package to Turbo HD Bronze.
Paul McKee: Was told that I would get all 7 Viacom channels that didnt happen either i only got 3
Paul McKee: i do not want to downgrade i want to know what do i have to do to get all the hd channels i was promised
Paul McKee: turbo gold pays more but yet we get nothing for it why is that
(03) Susan J: Turbo HD Gold contains over 65 channels for $29.99 per month.
Paul McKee: Turbo Hd gold is actually 49.99
(03) Susan J: Yes, I am sorry.
(03) Susan J: Its $49.99.
(03) Susan J: The best I can offer you is $10 credit for 12 months under 24 months contract.
Paul McKee: so i was talked out of my absolute package which was 29.99 which included all hd channels including what you now call platinum and now have turbo gold for 49.99 plus i pay an extra 10.00 for the platinum and what do i get for it
Paul McKee: tried to go back to absoulte told no because it no longer exsits this is not a good way to take care of exsiting customers
(03) Susan J: With Platinum add on HD package you will receive the following 8 HD channels:
HDNET MOVIES
MGM HD
NBA TV
NHL NETWORK HD
CRIME & INVESTIGATION HD
UNIVERSAL HD
WORLD FISHING NETWORK HD
BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION JAZZ HD

Paul McKee: so basically to get all hd channels you have to goto a classic package pay and extra 10.00 for hd plus 10.00 for the platinum so in the long run it costs more when i all i want is all hd programming how do i solve that
Paul McKee: if i was not under contgract i would switch to Directv in a herartbeat as it would actually cost me less and get all the hd channels so what do you have to say about that
(03) Susan J: Please note that Dish provides the widest variety of channels any where.
Paul McKee: not true
(03) Susan J: Please check out this link to know the difference between the Dish and Direct offers.
(03) Susan J: Compare DISH to DirecTV at DISH Network.com
(03) Susan J: The best I can offer you is $10 credit for 12 months under 24 months contract.
(03) Susan J: Are you interested in this promotion?
Paul McKee: that is not the issue the issue is your company keeps misleading taking people out of current packages to higher package with promises and the promises are not kept
(03) Susan J: I will take your concern as a feedback and have a check on it.
Paul McKee: your CEO said on his chat that We would receive MTV VH1 CMT Comedy Central BET Nick and Spike TV in hd by 4/1 that did not happen they were turned on yesterday but only got 3 CMT Comedy Spike why was this
(03) Susan J: We do not have any update for this channel. We are always working on adding new channels to our lineup.

I can place a request on your behalf for this channel.

The feedback will be sent to the programming department to analyze which channels are in high demand.

Paul McKee: i want all hd programming without having to switch to a classic package and paying more
Paul McKee: Misleading to the public is illegal
(03) Susan J: We are not misleading the public.
(03) Susan J: Please note that Turbo HD Gold contains all the HD channels which Dish is offering.
(03) Susan J: Regarding the other channels which you are referring to we will certainly update you as soon as we receive any updates on it.
Paul McKee: i was looking at the classic silver 200 with locals the silver hd package the platinum package and keeping the DHPP on my account with dropping the penthouse hbo and starz but that comes out to 85.00 per month i'm currently in the turbo gold at 49.00 plus the platinum 10.00 dhpp 5.99 dishinitup 7.00 so that equals about 66.00 that’s a difference of about 20.00 my question is you should take care of the difference as you are the ones that lied
Paul McKee: by saying we would get all hd added to our package
(03) Susan J: I will offer you $10 credit for 5 months for any inconvenience caused. Is that fine with you?
Paul McKee: if you were willing to take care of the difference i would consider switching to the package
(03) Susan J: Are you still there?
Paul McKee: yes
(03) Susan J: I am sorry.
(03) Susan J: Shall I make the programming changes to Silver 200 package and remove penthouse hbo and starz ?
Paul McKee: so you obliviously do not care about existing customers who helped you get where you are and give the farm away to new customers
(03) Susan J: I am sorry you feel that way.
Paul McKee: why can you not give me a credit of 20.00 a month for 12 months
Paul McKee: i feel that way because your company made me feel that way
Paul McKee: we own several businesses and we go way above and beyond to retain customers because in the long run it costs less to keep a customer than try to get a new one
Paul McKee: because 1 customer that has a bad relationship tells others and in turn you start losing customers as your company is now
Paul McKee: you always take care of what you have first that is a simple business practice
Paul McKee: are you there
(03) Susan J: Yes.
(03) Susan J: If you add Silver 200 package and remove adult channel the total bill will be $61.96.
Paul McKee: does that include the hd programming
(03) Susan J: The bill is after deducting the credits.
(03) Susan J: Yes, it includes HD programming.
Paul McKee: what credits
Paul McKee: that’s the silver hd and the platinum
(03) Susan J: You will be receiving $20 credit as you wished on your bill.
(03) Susan J: Yes, it includes HD packages.
Paul McKee: so i will have the classic 200 w/locals the corresponding hd the platinum hd 7.00 first receiver fee the dhpp of 5.99
Paul McKee: be dropping hbo/starz and penthouse correct
Paul McKee: this rate is locked in for 1 year correct
(03) Susan J: Yes, that's right.
Paul McKee: and I will be guaranteed this and can I get a copy of this
Paul McKee: if all the above is met I will switch
(03) Susan J: Yes, everything mentioned will be met.
(03) Susan J: You can save the copy of the chat.
Paul McKee: i do i get a black and white copy of this in case i have a problem in the future
Paul McKee: how do i save a copy of this chat
(03) Susan J: You can copy and save it in a notepad.
Paul McKee: ok
(03) Susan J: I have made the changes and it will be effective in 5 minutes/
(03) Susan J: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Paul McKee: thank you
(03) Susan J: You're very welcome.
(03) Susan J: It was my pleasure assisting you.
Paul McKee: if all this goes as we have discussed then everything was meet to satisfaction
(03) Susan J: Yes, it will certainly.
(03) Susan J: Please do not worry about it.
Paul McKee: I’m more worried about the credits showing up then anything
(03) Susan J: I can promise that Paul.
Paul McKee: i have had a problem with credits in the past and because i did not have it in black and white they said it didn’t happen so I’m a little worried
(03) Susan J: Please do not worry about it. I have taken care of this issue for you.
(03) Susan J: You are all set.
Paul McKee: ok thank you and sorry about my harsh talking on some issues but I’m just so upset and disappointed about this whole issue when I’m trying to save money and just get an all hd package as i was told that was what the turbo packages are suppose to be
(03) Susan J: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
Paul McKee: yes you have
(03) Susan J: I understand your concern.
(03) Susan J: Please do not be sorry. If I were you I would have done the same in regard to any concerns.
Paul McKee: the hbo and starz are still showing up i thought we dropped them
(03) Susan J: It will take 5-10 minutes for the changes to get processed.
Paul McKee: ok
(03) Susan J: I would suggest you to wait for 5 more minutes.
Paul McKee: well i guess that takes care of everything if i have any problems i will contact you again
(03) Susan J: Sure, It will be pleasure assisting wonderful customers like you.
Paul McKee: the channels are red now
(03) Susan J: Okay.
Paul McKee: how long does it take for the other channels to show up
(03) Susan J: You can check them right now.
(03) Susan J: Is everything okay?
(03) Susan J: Are you still there?
(03) Susan J: I have not heard from you in a while, are you still with me?
Paul McKee: yes im here checking guide
(03) Susan J: What else can I assist you with?
Paul McKee: what package is versus hd in
Paul McKee: because that one isnt availble
(03) Susan J: Versus is in Top 250 package.
Paul McKee: what about channel 206 fox business
Paul McKee: ok about versus not all that interested in it
(03) Susan J: Fox business is also in Top 250 package.
Paul McKee: i was told fox business was in the silver and above
(03) Susan J: I am sorry, no.
Paul McKee: fine then i guess we are finished
(03) Susan J: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Anybody notice in that enormous chat above this line:

"03) Susan J: Please note that Turbo HD Gold contains all the HD channels which Dish is offering."

Ahh, I don't think so......