Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeM22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Northern VA
Team Summit is finished. Charlie is aware of what's up, and something may happen, sometime. So, what are you going to do now? You may vote for more than one option.

Last edited:
Just signed up a couple of weeks ago and got the exact package I wanted in Turbo HD Silver. Even though I didn't get the new FX HD I'm not upset as this package is exactly what I wanted and signed up for. If additional HD channels keep showing up but not in my package I might start getting a little upset but for now I'm content.

I just switch down to a classic package. Without getting a official statement about the previous channels that did not show up in the TuboHD pkgs it kinda of pointless to just sit and wait. When I see that they plan on supporting the TurboHD pkgs again I might then just switch back.

If you need the channels (for some reason) upgrade to Classic, then if they really fix Turbo, switch back.

There are probably two possible scenarios going on here:

1. Programming providers are holding HD channels out of Turbo HD.

2. Charlie is pushing the envelope to see how many subs he can force out of Turbo into Classic +HD

If the second is true, this poll indicates Charlie is slightly ahead.

2/3 of Turbo subs are hanging tough and only 25% have capitulated, only 10% will leave.

However the 25% more than pays for the 10% that leave, so Charlie is ahead right now.

Me personally I have the absolute package and am completely content. The first dish system I owned I had to buy equipment & pay for 1 years programming up front & that was a couple hundred bucks back then. That was on old legacy equipment and I think the package was called the top 40. I am as happy now with dish as I was then, there was no other choice besides directv or an outside antenna which I use now for ota. Dish is not perfect, but I would do without before I would stoop down to cable or any other provider. Thank you Charlie Ergen from a loyal customer and as an installer/sales/tech & to Robert Buchanan, my boss & friend at Buchanan Satellite Communications in Bakersville NC who has been a retailer for dish from day one. :D

Agreed. But would't it be a downgrade to Classic!:)
LOL.

Since your channels & cost go up, it's an UPgrade. I bet there are people out there all the time who are wondering what the heck is going on with the two metalic routes you can take and trying to figure out which HD channels are in which package. What a mess E* has made not making the two routes similar when it comes to HD.

I moved up to silver to get a few more channels. Im not budging, because speed is not missed and I can get FX programming off amazon for MUCH cheaper than changing too Classic Silver + HD

I'll just hope FXHD gets added to TurboHD Silver in the future.

Turbo plans are still a better price than anything else Directv and Cable have, and you get a good DVR.

Charlie had better fix his company ASAP. He rolled out this Turbo HD thing in a rather major marketing push (for E*) last August. If you go to E*'s website the ONLY mention of HD is Turbo HD branded. How you can have the most important forward-looking part of your business missing HD channels has got to be the dumbest idea. I dont care if the cost is too add is too high (It really cant be).

Perception is reality, and E* HAS to undergo a perception makeover.

To the average customer, both E* and D* should be comparable. Sure, D* has Sunday Ticket, and full time RSNs, and more HD LIL's(?). but aside from that E* is on-par with D*. E* needs to spend some money ASAP on GOOD advertising. They are about to release a very cool DVR. The launch of this DVR should be married with a good advertising campaign highlighting their HD 'supremacy' to stop the churn. The ads should at least match the quality of D*'s ads.

Thats what blows my mind. When you go to the website, it seems to push you towards TurboHD, but then they neglect the package. Its almost like they want to sucker you into the $9.99 and $19.99 deals for Turbo, then have you realize your screwed on channels(then forcing you to either break your 24 mo contract or upgrade to a much more pricey plan). Makes for a mad customer, not a happy one. I know I know, the customer should look more in to it, but lets face it, many of them do not know how dish works and do not have websites like satguys to help get info before hand.

I have wanted to switch to Turbo Silver from classic silver plus HD, but don't want to lose the channels. I have come close to pulling the trigger, but the savings is only $9 and I can't decide if the lost channels are worth the savings. I think they should really focus on these HD only packages as that should be the wave of the future

I switched from TurboHD Silver to Classic 200 +HD about a month ago, was going to switch back to TurboHD last Friday when I found out Speed and FX are not included. I'll switch back if Dish decided to add those in TurboHD.

My bill did increase little bit, but I think it's worth it if you really LOVE Speed channel.

I have wanted to switch to Turbo Silver from classic silver plus HD, but don't want to lose the channels. I have come close to pulling the trigger, but the savings is only $9 and I can't decide if the lost channels are worth the savings. I think they should really focus on these HD only packages as that should be the wave of the future

Are you sure $9 is correct? Turbo Silver is $40. Classic Silver with HD is $58. DDA Turbo Silver is $50. DDA Classic Silver with HD is $65.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts