Turbo PQ

danknapp76

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
After getting the turbo software I must say that my HD does indeed appear to be crisper and more vibrant...

Anyone else notice this?

I find it hard to believe they have modified anything to do with resolution and bitrate, the two biggest components to getting better HD PQ.

After getting the turbo software I must say that my HD does indeed appear to be crisper and more vibrant...

Anyone else notice this?

After getting Turocharged I too noticed a better pq on most channels! Mine was tuned to ESPNHD whenI turned it on and I went "wow" the pq was awsome! The eyes don't lie so either they changed ESPN TO mpeg4 or it was the update! Some channels not so much, but for some there is improvement!

After getting Turocharged I too noticed a better pq on most channels! Mine was tuned to ESPNHD whenI turned it on and I went "wow" the pq was awsome! The eyes don't lie so either they changed ESPN TO mpeg4 or it was the update! Some channels not so much, but for some there is improvement!

Glad to hear I'm not crazy!

It simply could be due to less digital compression, it not actually that the PQ is better is the fact that there're less digital artifacts on the screen. I got used to the Voom PQ so there is a lot of improvement needed to reach that point.

I need to buy some HDMI cables. I remeber a company many of you guys recomended on the forum, but I can't remeber the name. All I remember is that it satarted with an "M" Micro something I think. Can someone shoot me they name of the company.

Thanks

Unless there has been a HUGE change in PQ, it is nearly impossible to wake up one morning and say your PQ improved as compared to yesterday. You are trying to rememeber what it was like yesterday, compare different programs, different room lighting conditions, transponders are loaded differently, etc, etc. And if it were a HUGE change this board would be in a frenzy.

I thought ESPN HD was looking great last night around Baseball Tonight, Sportscenter time, but like others have said, I don't know if it was something Dish did, or my eyes were suddenly sharper, etc. etc.

Unless there has been a HUGE change in PQ, it is nearly impossible to wake up one morning and say your PQ improved as compared to yesterday. You are trying to rememeber what it was like yesterday, compare different programs, different room lighting conditions, transponders are loaded differently, etc, etc. And if it were a HUGE change this board would be in a frenzy.

I'm actually thinking it could be that 8PSK-Turbo Code at work...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)